Thread: How to get Agility 3 240GB run at its top notch?

How to get Agility 3 240GB run at its top notch?

I have a ASUS G Series G53SW-XN1 Notebook with me which I purchased some two months ago and recently I bought a new OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD. Now there are certain thing related to this SSD that I need to change and modify. I need you help in getting it run much faster and better, in short I need to make this SSD run giving its best performance. Also there are few programs that might allow me to modify the C states of the CPU. It would be very much helpful if any of one you let me know how exactly I can achieve my requirement with respect to the SSD.

Re: How to get Agility 3 240GB run at its top notch?

Hey why don’t you just uninstall the Intel drives which will then somehow reuse the default MSAHCI, and then check out the AS SSD scores. The scores must however increase specifically with the reads. I already once tried it with the default MSAHCI. In my case they were much better than what they were before installing the intel drivers. But for the C states I have been researching a lot which looks like that there might be no other way for changing them. Remember whatever software that allowed you to do so is either no existing or they are no more supported. There are most of the laptops that do not have the options in laptop. This is what I do not like in the laptop, why there are only some limited options present in the Laptop’s BIOS. Most of the time I had an intention of overclocking and underclocking but just because of my laptop not having options for performing such thing I dropped my plan.

Yesterday night I found my laptop suffering from BSOD issue. Then what I did was cold booted it, then boot it to old HDD. When I checked into the BIOS, found that the OCZ 240GB was no longer being recognized by it. I tried many things to get it visible but it didn’t. Also sued USB flash drive with the OCZ software but still it wasn’t seen. In fact I opened up the laptop now and also moved the drives all over around it which again didn’t make any difference, the OCZ drive was still not found in the BIOS. I guess now I can conclude that the drive is no more working and it died with only a week usage. I am not just simply concluding things; I came up with the result only after doing number of R&Ds. After some random speed test I believe that the drive is bad and no more useful, already I applied for a RMA through newegg. The best thing about it is that it has a 60 warranty through them I can get the refund if the next one falls.

Seems like not just one but there are number of people who have been supplied with the defected one, if you say that 1 or 2 percent of the drives are faulty then surely that’s a fact. Let me tell you that Sandforce have some serious kind of compatibility issue on the new intel chipset that frustrated most of the customers. The major fact is that this new sandforce controller is so new and fast forward that the compatibility issue is not shown up. You cant expect to run one on an old nvidia 590i that actually the end of life and is not supported with the bios updates. There are some newer machines that are about to need Bios updates to be compatible but the manufacturers are somehow catching up too fast.