Thread: ocz vertex 2 ssd is not getting recognized by bios and seems to be dead

ocz vertex 2 ssd is not getting recognized by bios and seems to be dead

I have been using ocz vertex 2 ssd from some months and it was working fine and I did not had any issues so far but then not it is appearing to be dead but then I am not that sure about the same, I have found that the SSD is not being recognized in the bios, I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly, I had not updated the SSD firmware from the beginning so can that be an issues, is there anything I can try out to get it working as I am having some important data on the same.

Re: ocz vertex 2 ssd is not getting recognized by bios and seems to be dead

I have been using ocz vertex 2 ssd from some months and it was working fine and I did not had any issues so far but then not it is appearing to be dead but then I am not that sure about the same, I have found that the SSD is not being recognized in the bios, I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly, I had not updated the SSD firmware from the beginning so can that be an issues, is there anything I can try out to get it working as I am having some important data on the same.
    I am having the same issue with ocz vertex 2 ssd it seems to be dead suddently, I am really running out of ideas in tracking out the cause of this issue by now I have tried out resetting the CMOS and disconnecting the SSD for 5 hours as it was suggested to me by someone in a forum but then it did not made any difference and the issue is still the same, I have also tried using the ssd in other system as well and I am getting the same response, so it seems that it is completely dead, it is just not getting recognized by bios or buy the onboard system diag, it has just been 2 months since I have bought it and I did not expected it to be dead so soon but then I will like to know if there is any workaround that we can try out to get it working somehow.

You can count me in as well as am facing the same issue with 160GB SSD but then I have found that after some power cycling the ssd is coming up in my case so I am not sure if it is really dead but then it is coming up randomly, i have been looking after a solution for the same and to my surprise I have found a no of people having issues with the vertex 2 ssd, some are saying that it is dead and some are saying that they are having freezing issues with it but then I have not yet come across an effective solution to get rid of this issue, I think that the ocz vertex 2 ssd is the biggest failure in a technology product by now, I don’t know why any officials are addressing the same, I am quite sure that they are aware of it as a no of people have raised this issue, I really want them to fix this out.

I am having the below system specification and even I am suffering the same with the oczssd3-2vtx120g, it has stopped suddenly getting recognized in the bios since three days, I have build this system last year in the same month and it was working fine by now, I thought of updating the firmware of the ssd by installing the drive in other system and then using the toolbox but then un-luckily it is not getting shown in the toolbox as well, I had previously used the same method for other ssd drive when it had failed to get recognized in the bios and it had helped but then the same thing is not working out for oczssd3-2vtx120g, I have been wandering in to forums to find out an effective solution for this but then I have just found more and more people having the same issue and not even a single effective solution that we can try out. If anyone finds out any workaround to get it working somehow then please post it here, it will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    • Asus p8h67-m pro/csm (rev 3.0) lga 1155 intel h67 hdmi sata 6gb/s usb 3.0 micro atx intel motherboard
    • Hyperx 8gb (2 x 4gb) 240-pin ddr3 sdram ddr3 1600
    • Intel core i5-2500 sandy bridge 3.3ghz

That’s weird to find all the users having the same issue was really expecting a solution here, anyways I am having the same issue and I am still clueless what might have caused this, I doubt that a windows 7 update has done this but then I am not very sure about the same, I have been using the ssd from 9 months and I never had such issues with it, this morning I just found the ssd not getting recognized I the bios, so I tried out the plugging and unplugging method several time and I don’t know how but then it got recognized and after that it worked well for few hours and but then after a restart I started facing the same issue, I have been trying out the plugging and unplugging method so far and it seems to be helping randomly but then that is really irritating, I was thinking out replacing the same but then I have found that some are having the same issue even after replacement, so I am not sure if the replacement will help me out, I think that we should better ask for refund. What do you guys think??