Thread: Possible fix for OCZ Agility 3 stuttering for laptop, notebook and Desktop

Possible fix for OCZ Agility 3 stuttering for laptop, notebook and Desktop

I am frustrated with the poor performance of Agility 3 120 gig drive. I searched around the internet to get the appropriate solution but there was no joy. Finally came to this particular forum to get the solution from the users of this particular matter. so users of this particular forum are having any solution let me know as early as possible. Looking forward for prompt replies from you side. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Possible fix for OCZ Agility 3 stuttering for laptop, notebook and Desktop

After going through the issue of yours I am suggesting that you should use HIPM, HIPM+DIPM or Active when ‘on battery’ or it is plugged in. I let you know that the active settings do not have HIPM or DIPM enabled. AHCI Link Power Management is technique in which SATA AHCI controller is making a link to SATA to internal hard disk or SSD into the low power mode. when you are not having any IO activity. Controller would automatically returned to active power state as there is any real work need to do. it is usually done to save the power consumption of your hard disk.

• In order to add AHCI Link Power Management to Advanced Power Settings you have to download Add_AHCI_Link_Power_Management_Option.reg attachment
    • To removed the same you should download Remove_AHCI_Link_Power_Management_Option.reg
    • Save the files on the desktop.
    • Right click on the file and click on Merge from the right click context menu.
    • In case it is prompting than click on Run, Yes and Ok.
    • Once you have done you will get HIPM and DIPM setting for internal hard disk and SSD into AHCI Link Power Management available below of Hard disk into Advanced Power Plan settings.

The thing which you have mentioned over here seems to bit interesting according to me. I think the above mentioned solution can be recommended by simply disabling power reducing options. The above mentioned work around worth to try. As far my situation is concerned I let you know that I disabled Power Reducing Options and AHCI Link Power Management was set to HIPM. For your information I am using Notebook. I hope the information which I have mentioned over here would be useful to anyone.

Well right now I am using administrative gpedit so that I can set override power profiles. I am assuming that that SATA power options has been already set. I have used below mentioned registry keys.
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\PowerSettings\0012ee47-9041-4b5d-9b77-535fba8b1442\0b2d69d7-a2a1-449c-9680-f91c70521c60][*]"Attributes"=dword:00000002

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\PowerSettings\0012ee47-9041-4b5d-9b77-535fba8b1442\dab60367-53fe-4fbc-825e-521d069d2456][*]"Attributes"=dword:00000002
    If you are having battery then you should set the same to Never. So try the above mentioned solution and let me know about the results.

Apart from the above mentioned solutions I wanted to share something interesting with you which can help you to get a light shed on the above mentioned problem. if you wanted to run SSD at full speed then the chipset supposed to run at full speed. So it can be fixed by chipset manufacturer. We cannot do anything on the same. however I am expecting that the SSD manufacturer are going to provide some fixes regarding HIPM and DIPM issues for the upcoming firmware updates. But still I don’t think so it won’t make any difference into the chipset performance to save the battery life of SSD. There is something to do with chipset power consumption.

In case you have disabled power saving features then you will be able to get higher chipset power consumption. Also you will see the same thing for cpu and video card as well. If we consider the laptop the we would get 1 heatpipe + 3 heat pads and those lines are connected with the video, chipset and cpu. If you are having a brand new laptop then either chipset and video are combined together or CPU and video are combined together. It would result into more heat transfer and due to that fan would rotate at higher speed for longer period of time. Also it would cause increase into the power consumption to chipset and CPU as well. So you will require to place more efforts to make it cool. So the entire scene making the power consumption to higher.