Thread: OCZ Agility 3 Series 60GB SSD works fine on IDE but not on AHCI

OCZ Agility 3 Series 60GB SSD works fine on IDE but not on AHCI

I have bought OCZ Agility 3 Series 60GB SSD recently and I have been trying to get it work with a fresh installation of Windows 7 32bits and with the latest bios as well, I have got the latest bios from MSI site for my MSI Wind U100 netbook, On bios the SATA on board is set to the AHCI mode and things were appearing to be working fine before I rebooted the system, after reboot I got a BSOD and I was not able to proceed with the installation, I have tried changing SATA on board to IDE mode and at that time I did not had any issues with the installation but the I don’t know why is it not working for AHCI, I have tried hacking the windows registry for enabling AHCI and after reboot the AHCI drivers were installed automatically as well and things were appearing fine but then later I started running in to freezing issues and getting bsod’s. I have currently switched back to the IDE mode as it not having any issues with the installation but then the system is appearing to be running slow as compared to that of AHCI mode, so I just wanted to know that is there anyone who has been able to install Windows 7 32bits on their system using OCZ Agility 3 Series 60GB SSD??

Re: OCZ Agility 3 Series 60GB SSD works fine on IDE but not on AHCI

I have checked out for the same and I have found one to be having the same issue, I think that in the AHCI mode you will have to install RST Sata driver an d of that does not help then you can try out applying the LPM fix which has been mentioned in the below thread, just go through it and try out the solutions that has been mentioned there for the freezing and see if the issue is getting solved or not. As far as I am aware the LPM fix is actually not required for the firmware version 2.15 but then I have found some people trying it out mostly with laptops/netbooks., anyways just check it out and then let me know the response that you get.
    OCZ Agility 3 Series 60GB SSD is freezing

Hey thanks for your interest but then I was thinking that the Intel drivers that has been mentioned in the solution of the above thread might have got installed after I tried out the AHCI hack in the registry and after rebooting the system and then switching to SATA>AHCI mode in BIOS, I am not very sure about that but then just wanted to know if it is so? I also wanted to know that which are the other Intel AHCI drivers that I I can use for installing windows 7 on my computer as I have found some people saying that they were not able to install that driver and they were getting an error message saying “This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.”. I also wanted that the above thread is just for the freezing issue but then I am getting bsod’s as well.

I don’t think that you should be having any such issues with the Rapid Storage driver that has been mentioned there as the driver that is installed in the MS AHCI is the default Microsoft driver and not the Intel RST driver, so just check it out and then let me know you face any issues, as far as the other driver is concerned I have not yet found another one so you will have to probably try out the one that has been mentioned, the other thing that I wanted to share is that I know that you are having freezing issues as well as bsods issue but then first try the solution for the freezing and if that gets solved then I will try to help you out with the bsod’s as well.

So now I have tried out installing the driver that has been mentioned there and I am getting the same error message saying “This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.” To me it appeared as if it is not able to find out the AHCI device on system so I again hacked the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servi ces\Msahci" string and after starting the operating system the MS AHCI drivers were installed automatically and I was prompted for reboot and after reboot I installed the Intel RST SATA driver. Later when I checked out in the device manager then I found an "Intel ICHTM/MDH SATA AHCI Controller" but then when I tried checking the properties then the system for froze and I got an bsod, so the Intel drivers does not seems to be fixing the issue.

I think that your issue should have been solved but then I don’t know why the driver is not working out for you, in just wanted to know that are you having the latest BIOS, latest chipset file as well as the latest Intel MEI installed on your system, if not then try updating all of them and get the latest one and see if they are helping you out, I think that you should better update all these and then try out installing in AHCI. Just try it out and then let me know if they are making any difference, if you get any error or bsod then make a note of the same and post it here so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same as well.

I am already having the latest BIOS, latest chipset file as well as the latest Intel MEI installed on my system, I have got the BIOS and latest chipset driver from the intel site that has been linked in the thread you have mentioned. whereas the Intel ME for Mobile 945 Express Chipset from the Intel download center but then the issue is not getting solved and I am still getting bsod’s, I have checked out the logged system errors but then I did not found anything as suspicious to this issue, I think that I should better switch back to the IDE settings as I am tired of getting OCZ Agility 3 Series 60GB SSD with AHCI, I am really not willing to run in to any issues further.