Thread: OCZ Agility 3 Series 60GB SSD is freezing

OCZ Agility 3 Series 60GB SSD is freezing

I have recently purchased a OCZ Agility 3 Series 60GB SSD and the problem that I am facing is that the HDD is freezing just after the boot up even when I am carrying out basic task, it just gets freeze in the middle of the process, I have made sure that I am having the latest firmware 2.15, I am using the ssd in my Lenovo Thinkpad T61, it is having the latest bios as well, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: OCZ Agility 3 Series 60GB SSD is freezing

I have recently purchased a OCZ Agility 3 Series 60GB SSD and the problem that I am facing is that the HDD is freezing just after the boot up even when I am carrying out basic task, it just gets freeze in the middle of the process, I have made sure that I am having the latest firmware 2.15, I am using the ssd in my Lenovo Thinkpad T61, it is having the latest bios as well, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??
    Can you just let me know the model number of the ssd that you are having as I have checked out for the same and have found that there are a no of OCZ Agility 3 Series 60GB SSD listed under the Lenovo Thinkpad T61, I also wanted to know that which version of Rapid Storage or Intel Matrix you are using, the driver that I have found for the Lenovo is Intel Matrix Storage (pre-rapid storage) 8.9, so just try updating to the same and if that does not help then update to the latest Rapid Storage driver for your chipset, which I think is 10.8, you can download the latest Rapid Storage driver for your chipset from the below link:
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology
    Just try it out and if that does not help and the issue exist then you can try out the default msachi driver, in order to change to msachi you have to go in to the Control Panel>administrative tool>computer management>device manager and then under the IDE ata/Atapi controllers, just try out above possible solutions and then let me know which one is helping you out.

Even I am having the same issue with the same ssd on my Lenovo ThinkPad T420 and I have tried installing the driver from the link that you have mentioned above but then it is giving me an error message saying “This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software” in my case the system is running on Windows 7 Pro x64, I am really regretting on the decision of getting OCZ Agility 3 Series 60GB SSD I did not thought that there can be such issues with the same, I have tried out all the possible solution that I could have but then they have not helped, if anyone finds out any other effective solution for this then please share it here, it will be highly appreciated.

I have found a no of people facing the same and it seems that this issue is because of the incompatible drive and so, I have checked out the lenovo website and have found that they just having the intel ssds and I don’t think that they will be able to help you out with a bios fix but then if you want then you can try out something, I mean that just set w7 performance to high and after that just disable if there is any processor energy saving options, you will have to check out for the same in the bios but then here you will be only having the option of installing in ide (ata), if the above solution that does not help then you can try out what I have suggested. Best of luck.

I was facing the same freezing issue with my Lenovo Thinkpad T61 which is running on windows 7, the issue started after installed a new Samsung 830 SSD, since then the system use to run in to random pauses where the HDD light stays on solid, later when I checked out the system log then I found the this error event "The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period." I had never faced any such issues previously with the stock 100 gig hard drive, I had tried out installing the Intel's current (10.8.0.1003) Rapid Storage driver but then at that time I used to get a message saying “This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.” Later when I started looking out for a solution on other forums then I found that this is a common issue with a no of SSDs but then I found a solution where I had to edit the registry for port0 as it was the only port where I was able to see the issue and in order to edit the registry for port0 just follow the below steps:
    • First go to start and then click on run and enter “RegEdit” without the quotes and press enter
    • After that look out for this key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor\Parameters\” so as to insert or configure the registry keys for LPM
    • When you find it then right click on the same and then click on the Parameters option and then select "New" after that just name it "Port0" if at all there are no "Ports" under the iaStorV/iaStor Parameters
    • Once you are done with it then left click on the "Port0" and then in the Name/Type/Data pane right click on it and select "New" then "DWORD" and just change the value to LPM.
    • Just repeat the third step for the "LPMDSTATE" and "DIPM" and if you are willing to add other ports as well then you can repeat the third step for Port1, Port2, Port3, Port4 as well as Port5

Just try it out and see if it is helping, I think it should probably help you out as well.