Thread: Panasonic FreeView Box DMR-XW380 Poor Signal in bad Weather

Panasonic FreeView Box DMR-XW380 Poor Signal in bad Weather

I hope someone is using a Panasonic FreeView Box DMR-XW380. We had configured this at a place nearby my house. It is a nice dvr box. It comes with Twin Tuner in it for recording purpose. After connection we found that it worked nicely and has awesome output quality. Now after a month suddenly I found that it started giving out signal lost issue in bad weather. There is a confusion here. First we had added a UHF aerial to it. A regular antenna that we used usually on our tvs to capture tv signals. It was not so old and the condition was also fine. After attaching the same on the roof we can connected it to the TV where the Panasonic FreeView Box DMR-XW380 is also configured. It tools me around more than 13meters of cable to bring the antenna to TV. There is a widescreen LED TV in the room. When all was done everything was fine. Suddenly where there is some issue with the weather I had seen the dvr losses connection. Sometime due to rain or high wind the entire signal is scrambled. There is no output on the screen and it is worst than ever. The only choice I have is to unplug the antenna cable and connect to the TV directly. It works fine. Then back to the box after sometime. The FreeView Box does not give issue unless there is a weather problem. So I want to know what wrong I had done here. The areial is nice and I had tested the same. So which thing lack. How can I keep the signal stable on the FreeView Box.

Re: Panasonic FreeView Box DMR-XW380 Poor Signal in bad Weather

A very short troubleshooting thing you can try is updated the recorders firmware. You can find that on the official site of Panasonic. Download it and run it and then check back. If that does not work then you can try back by restoring the factory setting of recorder. Many a tiem the firmware does the work. Anyhow your recorder is not able to restore the connection once the connectivity fails because of which you are getting a scrambled signal. What I think that the cable is too long. If there is way try to reduce the distance. There are certain tools that you can attach the antenna and then to the recorder making all things to work properly. This is not a issue with the dvr.

Re: Panasonic FreeView Box DMR-XW380 Poor Signal in bad Weather

From where did you purchased it. Is it online or from a shop. If that is from a shop nearby go and ask for a replacement. TV signal loss is a serious problem which is not common. You must ask for replacement or show the same to the seller for fixing it out. Anyhow one thing you can try is checking the cable. If the cable used is not proper or faulty or if does not meets the standard of recorder then this issue is common. There are certain documents which comes with freebox. Read the same and find out what cable suits for aerial attachment. In my view first go back to the Panasonic store and tell them about this. This is a hardware fault unless and until the antenna is working fine.