Thread: Where can I purchase a 35mm Film scanners

Where can I purchase a 35mm Film scanners

I had collect a heap of photos in many years. This are all 35mm slides I used to play them in a old projector. I had collect everyone of them and accumulated in one place. The project which I used is not working now. There are rare family photos which I might never get. I need help to find some solution by which I can convert this photos in a digital form. Today there are common scanners which can help you to scan image and keep them on your computer or you can simply share them on web. I need some kind of solution which can capture images from those 35mm slide and give a digital format of the same. It is very important to maintain the photo quality. I had tried my best to find the solution for the same. But there are hardly stuff mentioned on web for that. It really does not matter for me to invest me is entirely new device. I also want to create a blu-ray disc from that where I can see those images on a wide screen in much detailed way. What tools I might need and what are the option available for the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Where can I purchase a 35mm Film scanners

You are lucky to be born in 21st century. You do not need to worry about the same. There are digital scanners that can help you to scan those 35mm slides and get a direct jpeg image output. The image quality is also not degraded here. One of the model which is used for this purpose is called as CanoScan 8800F. A very straight forward device where you just need to keep the slides on the glass and close the lid that's all. Connect the scanner to your system with the tool that comes with it. A kind of pc suite software. CanoScan 8800F is a Film & Negative Scanner. It offers a very good quality of image output. I can give you maximum 4800 x 9600 color dpi. The FARE 30 technology offers you to get much better images. At a time you can scan upto 12 slide of 35, slides.

Canon offers a wide range of scanners for that purpose. Just go in the scanner section and look for Film & Negative Scanner. You are not getting information as you are not finding the right product. Once product in the similar range is CanoScan 9000F. Epson too has a number of scanners for the same purpose. They are Epson Perfection V600 and Epson Perfection V700/V750. I do not much about the detailed specs but the scanner is awesome and depending on the budget you can choose the right one.

I will recommend you to go for CanoScan 5600F. It is a flatbed film scanner where you can scan with a speed of 300dpi. The maximum scan resolution that can be achieved on this scanner is 4800 x 9600dpi. This is best recommended for 35mm film scanning. At a price of INR 11,995.00 it is not a bad deal. To get better information the same you will need to read the specification of the same. There are other more portable products but there is one issue. They lack multiple scanning support which are found in Canon scanners also. For heavy performance Epson are best recommended. But they are higher cost.