Thread: How to set up D1 D2 on Dual LNB?

How to set up D1 D2 on Dual LNB?

Do you have any idea regarding Dual LNB setup to select D1 and D2 for 60CM dish? Will it work for me? I hope the installation process will be easy enough. Welcome for any comments.

Re: How to set up D1 D2 on Dual LNB?

Well I let you know that I have successfully done D1-D2 with the single flat body LNB on the 60 cm dish. However on sharp "DUAL LNB" you will not be able to do the same as LNB is designed with 2 sat with the 4 degrees. If you are having sharp dual LNB then you will be able to do C1-D1 or D2-C1. As far as D1-D2 is concerned it can be done with single LNB and it will need custom bracket. I hope the above mentioned information will be useful to you.

I am not having much idea regarding the type of lnb. I don’t know whether it worked for D1-D2. When I did reference to the Dual LNB at that time I refered to SKY Dual LNB's. with lnb you will need to adjust your skew in order to get the maximum signal quality. I am expecting that type of the LNB could do well with D1-D2 on the 60CM as you will be able to do the same with the two singles.

What I wanted to tell you over here is that from both dual LNB the left hand one is showing only single polarity. In Zinwell ZKF-DJ21Mono Block LNBF the main problem is that Horizontal and Vertical polarity supposed to reversed. If you have installed on the existing installation by making use of right hand LNB for D1 and you will receive the no signal as the receiver would simply try to access H pol probe.
    If you rotate LNB by 90 degrees would give you singnal than it will generate 2nd LNB supposed to be vertically above the 1st. there will not be any use of D2. The only solution is that you have to rescan satellite in order to make V and H are reversed. Also all the subsequent TP' supposed to be opposite of what it is going to transmit.

I think you are absolutely correct. There is no need to touching LNB with e proverbial bargepole. At the beginning B1 & B3 there was all the things were having limited success. As we are started to deal with the couple of kind of polarities and both the polarities are in the same transponder of the single satellite then it became quite impossible to get the sufficient signal strength for every single satellite.