Thread: SEASONIC X-1250 PSU not working in my system

SEASONIC X-1250 PSU not working in my system

I configured all the hardware parts and then assembled them in order to build my system. Also I installed the water cooler for the system but when I plugged in the connection nothing worked. The system won’t start at all. I thought this might be due to some lose connection, so therefore I disconnected all the connection from PSU and then reconnected all the way again but still the system won’t start. Any suggestions please.

Re: SEASONIC X-1250 PSU not working in my system

Why don’t you try out the paper clip trick, hook up some molex connectors with fans and then use the paper clip trick. Make sure that when you turn on the PSU the fans should be however starting up.

Already tried the paper trick but the same negative result. Let me tell you there is no trick left with me that I haven’t tried out until now. However I do have a RMA option so I think I will send it back to newegg. The only thing which is stopping me from replacing the PSU is that whether really this Seasonic PSU is the only and the main cause for the system not to get start. Once if I get confirmed I will surely go on for the further operation but till then I will have to wait.

Hope you tried out the paper clip suggestion having the whole PSU out of the case and on a different outlet. Also if you ask me I would simply allow you to RMA with newegg as I believe that its not going to harm you anyhow in fact its much better than you try to do it with Seasonic so that you can be confirmed that it is surely taken off the market and not at all repackaged or sold as an open box.

There are times when companies put up like a small sheet in the packaging and say “RMA with the manufacturer”. Not sure with everyone but yeah corsair does it many times with most of their products.

Surely you need to send for RMA with newegg, and make sure that you have 30 days left with newegg. As according to the Newegg's Standard Return Policy:
    • Return for refund within: 30 days
    • Return for replacement within: 30 days
    • Restocking Fee: Yes

Before going on for taking any step I would suggest you to check out the contents inside the box in order to see if seasonic wants you to go through them for RMAs. I personally do not find any difference between newegg and seasonic. I guess with seasonic you do not pay a restocking fees. I guess if it’s a faulty and defected product then newegg might not charge you restocking fees.

If you are not aware let me tell you that the Seasonic X Series have some criteria regarding the power supply. This Seasonic X Series power supply cooling fan won’t start up until an approximate 20% Direct current is loaded. So better you first make sure that the minimum criteria are fulfilled for the PSU and the cooling fan to work and function properly.
    But still I doubt that if the 12v molex connectors fails to power up some simple case fans on then surely there might be some kind of issue.