Thread: SanDisk Cruzer 8GB Pen Drive showing 0MB capacity

SanDisk Cruzer 8GB Pen Drive showing 0MB capacity

I have found an interesting issue with SanDisk cruzer 8GB pen drive. I found that it has been showed as 0 mb. Even I am not able to access any of the saved files on it. I tried to format the drive but it did not worked for me at all. Let me know if you are having any possible solution to resolve the matter will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: SanDisk Cruzer 8GB Pen Drive showing 0MB capacity

The above mentioned issue can be happening because you have formatted the drive on the other computer. for eg if you have used flash drive with Mac OS X and formatted the drive with OS X Extended, now you have formatted the same with Windows FAT32 so you might get wrong capacity of the drive.

Before you are going to do anything kind give a look on the below mentioned steps.
    • Go for Computer and right click on the same and select Manage. It will simply launch Windows Computer Management and click on Disk Management.
    • If you have connected the drive with the USB port you will be able to see the same into main section of Computer Management window.
    • You have to select the same and you will see the information about the drive.
    • If your drive is showing couple of partition then first partition will be detected by Windows where as another one cannot be detected by windows. That is the only reason you will not be able to get the full capacity of the drive.

After understanding the entire thing I wanted to tell you that you should make use of HP format tool so that you can format the pen drive. you can get HP format tool from the official website.

I am suspecting that the entire issue is associated with the virus. I recommend that you should get the latest version of the antivirus software and run virus scan on your computer and pen drive as well. Once you have completed with the same see whether the issue is happening or not.

Could be the pen drive might be having kind of manufacturing defect so I recommend to contact the technical support team to get the further help.