Thread: Unable to open SanDisk Cruzer 8GB Pen drive

Unable to open SanDisk Cruzer 8GB Pen drive

I am using Sandisk Cruzer 8GB Pen drive. As I am trying to connect with the computer of mine it is getting connected but I cannot open the same. whenever I am trying to open the same it is prompting with an error message which can be stated as ‘The disk in drive in F is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?’ as I am clicking on the Ok button and format it was showing that it is not able to format. It is showing s 64.0 MB in Disk Management. Any help to resolve the matter will be appreciated.

Re: Unable to open SanDisk Cruzer 8GB Pen drive

Well after going through the problem of yours I think any of the below mentioned could be the root cause of the problem.

A power surge to host machine

Not safely removing the pen drive from the computer.

Making use of the pen drive with the system such as XBox, car music system rather than that of computers.

Making use of the pen drive with the system such as XBox, car music system rather than that of computers.
    I don’t agree with on the above mentioned point. If you are using usb drive with above machines wont ruin the drive in fact those machines are designed in the manner so that it can work with USB drives.

Looking at the situation I am suggesting below mentioned steps which can help you to resolve the issue of yours.
    • Click on Start and go for Control Panel and click on Administrative Tools.
    • After that go for Computer Management and go for Disk Management.
    • Now right click on USB drive located at the right side of the column and delete the same from over there. now remove the drive and reinserted the same on your computer.
    • Now go for My Computer and you have to ask for format but into the panel which it is opening where the last heading would empty where you have to type letter that USB pen drive is displaying.

Well I was also facing from the same problem which you have stated over here. I done below mentioned steps and I am hoping that it will be useful to you.
    I retrieved the data by using pen drive data recovery software. Personally I recommend to use Tenorshare Data Recovery.
    Once I had done I formatted the pen drive by using Any Drive Formatter.

Could be you are having virus or malware attack on you system. so I recommend to run a virus scan by using good antivirus software like Malwarebytes and see whether it is making any difference in the situation.

Well I am highly suspecting that there is an issue with the USB drive itself. So I am suggesting that you should contact sandisk support and ask about further help.