Thread: Extra supplementary fan for existing stock Hyper 212 EVO fan

Extra supplementary fan for existing stock Hyper 212 EVO fan

I am currently planning to buy an extra supplementary fan for my system in order to support the existing stock fan but not sure which one should I go for. There are certain requirements and criteria which I am looking into that fan which I would prefer.

Currently the major requirement is the noise level of 25dba or less at its lowest setting and 82.9 CFM or higher at its highest setting. And the overall usage from my side will be the applications on the overclocked and if possible the unlocked system in an Antec 300 illusion case with stock fans. Please provide me with sufficient suggestions if possible and help me out with the best one.

Re: Extra supplementary fan for existing stock Hyper 212 EVO fan

Hey I went for the CM blademaster, for your information let me tell you that it is PWM and also has the same RPM ratio of 600-2000 as the stock EVO fan and higher max static air pressure for the EVO cooling has slightly lower CFM for less than $10.

You can also go for a 212 evo oem fan that would certainly come for $6.99 but I must say that this product’s shipping really annoys a lot. So better you think twice before going for this one.

I have 120mm Tricool exhaust case fan. This case fan is really very much satisfying. In my system it is around some 60-92mm away from the EVO. Along with that I also have a 140mm exhaust fan on top of the case that is actually placed above the processor.

There are certain doubts going around in my mind:
    Should I try replacing the stock EVO fan with the blademaster fan and then allow the air to flow out of the case through the exhaust fan or just pair the blademaster as push with only the EVO stock fan as pull, only if there would be a temp improvement as opposed to using only one fan as push.

I would better suggest you to go for the first option, i.e. to replace the stock EVO fan with the baldemaster fan and hen allow the iar to flow out of the case through the exhaust fan.

I do have a Hyper 212 Plus and not that EVO. Also I have bought the CM blademaster with a stock fan as push and the blade master as the pull and let me tell you that both of them were fixed on a PWM splitter. Everything then worked fine for me. I am not sure whether they different or separate CFM but anyhow if they try to do so then I would better suggest you to put one of them up with the higher CFM as the pull in order to get the hot air towards exhaust fan and then out of the case.

That’s a good option but as far as I am concerned I know that the blademaster no where different with the OEM fan which is currently owned by me. They both are very much similar in all aspects except for being opaque black.

And also in the case of blademaster you can simply get a rubber insulator which is very much nice and useful because you can however use them on one of our existing case fans. In my system I use the ones that came up with the heatsink on the blademaster.

Simply go for either Rosewill RFX-120 120mm Case Fan or Thermaltake AF0026 Smart Blue LED 120mm Fan with Speed control knob. Both are superb in my vision.

The Rosewell RFX-129 case fan comes for $8.99 with no shipping charges. Its really a good option to go for, if you need to move a huge amount of air from your cabinet and wanted to keep everything cool then surely you can go for this fan. This fan can move a huge amount of air as per our requirement with 43.5 to 87.5CFM at 1200-2200RPM controlled by a rear panel mounted controller.

Below are the main features of Rosewill RFX120:
    • High Performance
    • Adjustable Fan speed

I would go for Thermaltake AF0026 Smart Blue LED 120mm Fan. Its really a worthy option to go for. Also this fan looks great while working. I guess if I am not mistaken this fan comes for $11.99 with free shipping.
    Its features are:
    • Vibration Dampen Mount
    • Blue Fan LEDS
    • Adjustable fan speed
    You can simply go for this fan and enjoy a colorful and adjustable system cooling in you machine.

Yeah if asked me to choose amongst between these two fans i.e. Rosewill RFX-120 and Thermaltake AF0026 Smart Blue LED 120mm then surely even I would suggest Thermaltake AF0026. The Rosewill RFX120 nowhere comes into the picture once when it is compared with the Thermaltake led fan.

This ThermalTake fan not just removes the air but also adds some color in the case. This fan greatly helps us to speed up the circulation of the air inside the system. But let me tell you that it rotates at the lower speed, which enables you to enjoy the peaceful running of the system. The best part of this product is the included speed control knob which makes it easy to simply adjust the fan rotation and the speed as per the system’s requirement in order to get a proper balance between the performance and the quietness.

Other than Thermaltake if you need any other choice then you can go for Scythe DFS123812-3000 "ULTRA KAZE" 120 x 38 mm Case Fan