Thread: My i5 stock cooler fan unable to cross 2000 RPM

My i5 stock cooler fan unable to cross 2000 RPM

I am asking because the fan that I have right now does not provide adequate cooling and maxes out at 2000 RPM and still my temperatures are pretty high. My processor idles at around 35-40 C and at load reaches a very hot 60-70 C. I have seen fans with higher RPM I just don’t understand why the guys at Intel pack such a lousy HSF that can’t even dissipate the heat of a non-over clocked processor which was originally meant to be over clocked. I am thinking about maybe changing the cooler so any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Re: My i5 stock cooler fan unable to cross 2000 RPM

I would not call 60-70 C very hot under load that is. Cpus tend to get that hot under load. I don’t think it should affect the processors performance in any way. You can always change the thermal grease and check your fan for dust deposition. If that does not lower the temperature then you can opt for aftermarket coolers. There are a lot of companies that provide cooling solutions but if you want the best cooling you can invest in some good water loops. They perform better than air coolers. Cooler master, corsair, noctua and many others have a lot of water cooled products. But as I said earlier it is not absolutely vital to upgrade as the temperatures seem normal to me. After all it’s up to you.

I have the same processor. But I don’t see those high temps with my system. But that’s a different story as I have a well ventilated case. It’s the cooler master HAF932. Which case do you have? A poorly ventilated case needs proper cleaning every so often and if not the dust deposits in more frequently.

Get the H100 from corsair. Simply the best cooling solution and you can even OC if you want without the fear of burning something up.