Thread: SSD 6gbps low transfer rates

SSD 6gbps low transfer rates

Hello everyone I am facing problems with my PC, particularly the SSD. For some reason I can’t get my SSD which is connected to 6 gbps port on the motherboard to operate properly or at least what the SATA III specification suggests. Somehow I get even better speeds when I connect the SSD to my 3 Gbps port (SATA II) than the sata 3. Please help me as I am new to these things. Thank you.

Re: SSD 6gbps low transfer rates

What is the make /model of the motherboard? Did you try updating all the drivers on the motherboard? Often times people neglect the importance of the drivers for the various components of the motherboard. Assuming it’s an X58 chipset based motherboard, it will not have native support for the 6 Gbps ports and will be dependent on some third party controllers like ASmedia or Marvel. So I’d highly advice you to find and install the latest drivers for them.

It is really funny seeing as the 3 Gbps ports are doing a better job than their 6 Gbps counterparts. But again it could be a problem with the drivers as they are the logic that decides how the hardware reacts to the software commands. Also try updating through MS update for the operating system.

This is simply ridiculous in my opinion. Even if the drivers are at fault there is no way you could get better transfer rates on SATA II than on a SATA III. I think you might be confusing yourself with the ports Have you checked the connections properly? And as for the drivers they come with the OS. Even if they don’t it gets updated automatically when you update the OS.