Thread: 'CPU Fan Error' with Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro

'CPU Fan Error' with Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro

As the title suggests I need a good thermal compound as I have been facing problems with my computer. Just yesterday, while I was playing a game it just restarted out of the blue. When I tried to manually restart again, it gave me an error, ‘CPU fan error’. As this happened I realized that the day before yesterday, when I was cleaning my PC I may have scraped off a little thermal compound from the cooler.

I think that’s the probable cause of this happening. Also if anyone could suggest a good temperature monitoring application that would help me prevent this in the future. So if anyone could help me decide which thermal compound would give my PC the best cooling, I would really appreciate it.

Re: 'CPU Fan Error' with Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro

Try arctic cooling freezer 7 v2. It is much better. Also the error that you get has nothing to do with your thermal paste. Check if you have correctly seated the connectors of the CPU fan to the fan header on the motherboard.

Cleaning computer components can be tricky. As you said you get a Cpu fan error, I would say it’s a loose cabling situation. You should reopen your cabinet and redo all the wiring firmly. As for temperature monitoring there are a lot of softwares out there like coretemp, AIDA64’s Everest Which I actually use to monitor my PC. Also as you said that you accidentally removed some of the Thermal interface material, it would be recommended that you change the paste entirely and arctic cooling freezer 7 seems like a nice choice.

The freezer 7 is a bit mediocre, I think a better choice would be ARCTIC MX-4 or Zalman’s ZM-STG2.