Thread: Dell 715n resetting to factory defaults

Dell 715n resetting to factory defaults

I am having the dell products and I was quite satisfied with it as i am having a dell laptop too and happy with the service its provides. but as these guys have turned out now, and not finding any help on their side want to inquire in this case, is there any means to reset the Dell 715n to factory defaults? I don’t have any idea regarding this one and also not knowing what the system was possibly renamed. i think the issue is concerning with the static IP address or else range. My friend told that it is regarding the administrative user name or password. So what do you say. Please suggest some suggestions regarding the same. Please advise me in this case .

Re: Dell 715n resetting to factory defaults

I have well understood your issue and I need to say that you'll require the system reinstall/resource CD the unit came with. I as well need to say that you are not able to download . but , you just follow the directions in the admin guide so that you are able to reimage and you're back to day one.

So thanks for the reply , but I need to tell you that what if you removed one drive from the array, and then make some addition with it to a PC, and then load an OS along with IP, etc, then put it back in the array . I also want to inquire whether we should be able to access it then or not. Can you say in this case , or am I wrong.

Ya , you said it correctly, and I am also making attempts in the similar case since I am not able to get past the F2 (or ESC F2) during the boot up by making use of a W2K client. Further I am able to get to the setup menu making use of Ctrl S but that is not helping me. I also made some good attempts as I put W2K3 Server onto drive 0 configure it for my network, and also let remote access remove along with install into the PV715 and reboot but found that the system attempts to boot but I am not able to seem to locate the OS.

I found some solution on net to make use of Ghost, but when I tried that, Ghost is not able to not identify the PV715REC.NAS as a valid Ghost image file. But after making some changes in the extension helped me to solve my case. so you can try with this method.

I can get what you are saying and as you said that you have been able to get the kickstart so that you are able to recognize the NAS and I made similar attempts in this case but was unsuccessful. So here , can you further help me as I just wish to make a connection to the box by means of kickstart (with any OS). So after that I am able to reimage it by making use of the original CDs.

You are not able to access it if the os is there. The recovery partition/image is one drive 2 as well as 3.so you need to swap these with 0 along with 1 and then make a confirmation whether if it boots. It will have a dhcp address and you are abel to have an access over it by means of a browser and you need to enter the default hostname dellxxxxxxx where xxxxxx stands for the service tag. And to say about the default login regarding the administrator is powervault.