Thread: Unable to print from HP LaserJet 1012 after upgrading to MAC OS X 10.5

Unable to print from HP LaserJet 1012 after upgrading to MAC OS X 10.5

In my computer I have just u[grade the system with MAC OS X 10.5. after upgrading the system it has started giving me problem. Now I am not able to print from HP LaserJet 1012 printer. I have tried to search solution on internet but I didn’t get any help. Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Unable to print from HP LaserJet 1012 after upgrading to MAC OS X 10.5

I will suggest you to first try to solve this problem with the help of HP printer utility. Run Hp printer Utility and then check whether you are able to print from your HP LaserJet 1012 or not? May be with the help of HP printer utility you can solve this problem.

If above solution does not work for you then you have to try to reset the printing system in your computer and after resetting the printing system you have to click on Add printer and then select your printer. After doing that you have to click on “choose a driver to use”. Now you have to filter the drivers by entering hp gimp. Now you need to select the drivers which match with your printer. With these steps you will be able to make your printer working again. If after trying these steps also you face same problem then let me know.

I am also facing same problem with HP LaserJet 1012 printer. I have tried to solve this problem with the help of HP printer utility but that does not help me. as mentioned in above post that we have to reset printing system before adding printer but I don’t know how to reset printing system. Please give me instruction for resetting printing system.

To reset printing system in MAC OS X 10.5 you have to follow these steps. First you have to Go to apple menu and then select system preferences in your computer. Now from view menu you have to select Print & Fax. Now you have to press and hold Option key while clicking on remove printer icon and then select Reset printing system. If you have not added any printer then you have to hold option key and then select add printer icon and then choose Reset printing system. If you need any more information regarding this then let me know.

Thank you for helping me. I have reset printing system and then while adding the printer when I select choose a driver to use at that time I don’t get option for HP LaserJet 1012 printer. Please let me know which printer I have to choose?

You need to choose closest match with your printer. I was also having similar problem with my HP LaserJet 1012 printer and I have selected HP DeskJet 1100C printer and then it worked properly. you can also try to fix this problem by selecting HP DeskJet 1100C printer.