Thread: Can I Mod two PSU?

Can I Mod two PSU?

I want to ask that if there is any possibility that I will be able to combine two PSU. I am having one Antec 750W true power and other one is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570. Currently NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 is running on the system along with a few fans and a CPU cooler. In a few months, I am thinking to SLI one more 570 GeForce GTX 570 in it and as far as I know that just 750W will not be able to hold that. Can someone tell me that if it is possible or what is the other option that I can do for this.

Re: Can I Mod two PSU?

I will never recommend you to do this because I have seen many of the cases where modding two PSU leads to many issues and I don’t wish it to be happen with you. If you are doing SLI then it’s better for you to get a new PSU as well. Don’t take risk.

One of the main things that you need to take care is to make sure that both power supplies at the same time start and turn off at the same time again. If there is any delay in that then that might cause problem for your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nguni View Post
    I want to ask that if there is any possibility that I will be able to combine two PSU. I am having one Antec 750W true power and other one is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570. Currently NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 is running on the system along with a few fans and a CPU cooler. In a few months, I am thinking to SLI one more 570 GeForce GTX 570 in it and as far as I know that just 750W will not be able to hold that. Can someone tell me that if it is possible or what is the other option that I can do for this.
    You can make use of the MORF PSU Modding Kit. This kit makes it possible to dress the power cable with the braid and colorful (available in blue, green, black or red), and replace the molex connectors and other by their counterparts which is also colored.

Modding two PSU is not a problem unless you have complete knowledge of that. Because if anything goes wrong then it may lead to some major damage. So if you are not so experienced then just call any computer hardware engineer and he will do this for you.