Thread: Seagate ST3320613AS SD22 model has been matched but unable to download firmware as it does not match

Seagate ST3320613AS SD22 model has been matched but unable to download firmware as it does not match

Well I am having couple of Seagate ST3320613AS SD22 and single Hitachi hard disk installed on my computer. however Seagate ST3320613AS SD22 is bit slower than that of Hitachi.

hdparm -t /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
    Timing buffered disk reads: 144 MB in 3.03 seconds = 47.49 MB/sec

hdparm -t /dev/sdb

/dev/sdb:
    Timing buffered disk reads: 152 MB in 3.02 seconds = 50.29 MB/sec

hdparm -t /dev/sdc

/dev/sdc:
    Timing buffered disk reads: 362 MB in 3.01 seconds = 120.10 MB/sec
    After doing quick googling I found that one can resolve the issue by simply upgrading the firmware. I tried to do the same by using ISO CD and model of the hard disk got matched where as there firmware did not matched at all and even it did not downloaded firmware as well. Now tell me how to get rid out from the above mentioned issue.

Re: Seagate ST3320613AS SD22 model has been matched but unable to download firmware as it does not match

As far as I know that there are couple of type of SD22 firmware version is available for this particular model of the hard disk. It seems that Seagate updater rejected the hard drive of yours as this particular version SD22 firmware does not matching with the update matrix. However you will be able to update the firmware in the forceful manner as follow.

You should allow the updater to fail and when you are getting ‘Cycle power to continue...’ simply press Ctrl-C or Ctrl-Break so that you can abort the batch file. Once you have done you will return to FreeDOS command prompt.
    After doing that you have to enter below mentioned command.

Code:
    FDL466.exe -m Brinks -f 2HBXR2B.lod -i ST3320613AS -s -x -b -v -a 20
    Once you have done you should power cycle your computer once you have completed with update process.

Re: Seagate ST3320613AS SD22 model has been matched but unable to download firmware as it does not match

I could not get why you are not able to get the appropriate results. However I recommend that you should try to one hard drive at a time. The process would stop for 20 seconds once you have completed with firmware download process. Also you should try to configure SATA controllers for the IDE mode into BIOS setup. Let me know whether it helps you to resolve the issue.

According to me CD ISO version of this particular updater would allow you to update the firmware without having any issue. why because it won’t ask about the configuration file. However I came to knew that one should not update the drive which is having CCnn firmware with SDnn firmware.