Thread: Microsoft Wireless laser keyboard 6000 v2.0 not responding

Microsoft Wireless laser keyboard 6000 v2.0 not responding

My keyboard has simply stopped working. I tried various troubleshooting methods like changing the batter and trying to reconnect it again to the receiver by pressing button on receiver and small white button on back of keyboard. I bought this keyboard and mouse as a set about a year ago and have had no trouble until now. Sometimes when I try reconnecting and all, I do get a few clicks but it just goes dead again.

re: Microsoft Wireless laser keyboard 6000 v2.0 not responding

There is considerable possibility of items such as wireless routers, radios, cell phones or large metal objects interfering with the signal of the keyboard. Try following the below mentioned instructions
    - Please keep such items away and then try tracking the behavior of the keyboard.
    - Avoid keeping the receiver near any electrical devices like cell phones and all.
    - A minimum distance of a foot is advised.
    - Never put the receiver on the metallic surfaces or objects namely, long metallic rails or cables.
    Let me know if it makes a difference.

Your advice and instructions are undoubtedly worth consideration but unfortunately it makes no difference in my case. Two reasons to that:

Reason a: I’ve been using it since last one year and it has shown no problem and I’ve not installed any new thing at my home lately
    Reason b: the mouse works PERFECT, if the issue is with interference it should interfere with the mouse too right?

Ok! You do make sense. Anyways, what you could next do is download and install IntelliPoint or IntelliType software. this will probably resolve your issue.

If this doesn’t work; try using your keyboard on some other system. If your keyboard still refuses to respond. It’s time for you to replace it.