Thread: Wireless is not working with Dell Inspiron 620s

Wireless is not working with Dell Inspiron 620s

I have Dell Inspiron 620s desktop and I have Dell Wireless 1502 (802.11n) WLAN Half-height Mini-Card in my computer. now problem is ig I try to connect internet thought Ethernet cable at that time it works fine but wireless does not work in my PC. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Wireless is not working with Dell Inspiron 620s

In which order you have installed the drivers? You have to first install desktop system utility and then you have to install chipset drivers in your PC. After installing the chipset drivers you have to follow this order.

• PCMCIA/Smartcard controller
    • Intel Storage
    • Audio
    • Video
    • Network Interface Card (NIC) / Ethernet Controller
    • Dell Control Point (DCP)
    • Dell Quickset
    • Wireless Network Card

Yes I agree with the above post. installing the drivers in correct order is important. I was also having similar problem and then I have removed all the drivers and then installed that in correct order. Now after doing that my problem get solved.

If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then I will suggest you to first restart the computer and then you have to Go to the BIOS by pressing F2 key and then you have t make sure the wireless enabled there. If it Is not enabled then enable it first and after enabling the WIFI you have to restart computer. after restarting the computer you have to check whether it makes any difference or not? if you have already tried this solution then I will suggest you to remove all the wireless drivers and turn off the computer. Now remove Dell Wireless 1502 (802.11n) WLAN Half-height Mini-Card and reseat the card properly. Now starts your computer again it will automatically install the driver. After doing this you have to check what the result is.

I have installed the drivers In correct order and after installing the drivers wireless started working but I am experiencing Intermittent loss of Wi-Fi connection. I don’t know what is causing this problem. if anyone have solution regarding this then let me know.

To solve this problem you have to set wireless option to maximum performance setting in the power option and then your problem will get solved. you should try this trick. if after trying this trick also same problem occurs then let me know.

Yes you have to also turn off power option for wireless adapter from the device manager. go to the device manger and then you have to right click on wireless adapter and then select properties. Uncheck power option from the power management tab and then your problem will get solved. I hope this solution will fix your problem.

If you want to turn off the select maximum performance from power option then you have to follow these steps.

• Open start manu.
    • Type power option.
    • Now you have to look for wireless adapter.
    • After that select maximum performance.
    • Click on OK.

In my computer I was having Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility and then I have adjusted adapter setting to highest performance and then my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution and then your problem will get solved.