Thread: Not able to create bootable partition on Seagate Momentus XT drive in Toshiba Qosmio F60

Not able to create bootable partition on Seagate Momentus XT drive in Toshiba Qosmio F60

I have been using Toshiba Qosmio F60 and it was having a 5400 t/min Toshiba HDD but then now I have bought Seagate Momentus XT drive to replace the same but then it was not getting recognized by the same, anyways I have now put a jumper on the Seagate and it got recognized but then now I am not able to create a bootable partition on the same with the help of Toshiba media recovery creator, I don’t think that I have missed anything, is there anyone who can help me solving it out??

Re: Not able to create bootable partition on Seagate Momentus XT drive in Toshiba Qosmio F60

I have been using Toshiba Qosmio F60 and it was having a 5400 t/min Toshiba HDD but then now I have bought Seagate Momentus XT drive to replace the same but then it was not getting recognized by the same, anyways I have now put a jumper on the Seagate and it got recognized but then now I am not able to create a bootable partition on the same with the help of Toshiba media recovery creator, I don’t think that I have missed anything, is there anyone who can help me solving it out??
    I don’t think that you should mess it with the jumper rather just go in to the Toshiba BIOS and check out if it is set for AHCI after this just make sure that the boot up screen "flashes up" and list what is recognizes, just check it out and then let me know what you get.

Re: Not able to create bootable partition on Seagate Momentus XT drive in Toshiba Qosmio F60

Hey thanks for your interest but then I hdd is still not getting recognized on the startup, I have checked out the BIOS and I am just able to see IDE/AHCI option and not anything else, I am just able to see basics parameter for the keyboard, HDMI etc is there anything I have to check out and I also wanted to know why you are suggesting me not to use jumpers??? Is there any reason behind the same??

I said so because the drive is should be automatically negotiate downward, anyways why are you not getting the AHCI option? Have you installed the drive on your own? Is the drive using ribbon cable? Have you made a backup or clone?? Or you have made a fresh installation with Factory DVDs? The Toshiba Qosmio F60 is one of the latest models and I don’t think that there should be any such issues.

I have installed the drive on my own but then I don’t think that anything might have wrong in that case because by now I have installed several drives in laptops and yes it is having a ribbon cable, I also wanted to share that I have tried making a clone disk of my old HDD using xxclone but then it did not helped, I have also tried dvd factory and got the same response it from as well, I have found that during the recovery process everything seems to be normal but then by the end I get a error message saying recovery successfull", the Seagate HDD works fine if I am suing a usb/sata box. Is there anything else that I can try out??? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.