Thread: Searching for cheap internet radio device for PC

Searching for cheap internet radio device for PC

Hi all, One of my friend, who is from France is missing French radio stations. Therefore, I wish to give him the wifi radio which will be able to stea m the Internet radio stations. I was searching for the same on google but the result that I was getting were very expensive. I didn’t saw any less than 500 dollars. So, can somebody tell me that if there is some cheap wifi radio device that I can get for him. Please reply for this.

If this is not available then I think that I should order the Alurateks Wifi Internet Radio from the eBay. Will it going to be good. I really need some good suggestion here. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to my post in advance.

Re: Searching for cheap internet radio device for PC

My suggestion to you is to get the Logitech Squeezebox Boom. This is the best option for you. Squeezebox Boom is a music player that moves away from the usual. It integrates a docking station and does not have a radio tuner, no internal memory or memory card reader. All the faculties of the Squeezebox is based on network connectivity, wireless or wired. The device thus presents itself as Internet radio extender and a PC for audio playback.

I also agree that the Logitech Squeezebox Boom will be good for you. The main body is divided into two areas: the entire upper portion is occupied by the monochrome screen, below which there are six buttons for quick access (preferred), a central scroll wheel for navigating menus, and play back button, power button , REW, Pause and FWD, and a button to double the volume. So don’t think more if you have limited budget. Just go for this one.

There is one more thing that you can do for his and that is to use bluetooth a2dp speakers similar to the creative d100, d200 and one bluetooth source. You can make use of some cheap phone for the bluetooth source.

TuneIn Radio stands out as one of the best apps to play the radio on its Android phone, with a catalog of over 50,000 stations streaming and flawless.

Pros
    • Listen to live radio via 3G or WiFi
    • More than 50 000 stations
    • Excellent quality streaming

Cons
    • No function of setting favorites

I also wanted the same and for that I am using the iPod touch which is on a logitech dock/speaker combo and this is used to stream radio with the help of the Tunein and music/video as of the server with the help of the StreamToMe. See If you can make it in the same way.

You might still be able to buy Samsung Galaxy Player Wifi 5.0 from trademe for $200-250. They were giving them away with TVs so the ones you buy are basically brand new and you also get a tablet as well.

You can also get the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0. This is the media player which is not less than the tablet. There is no doubt that it is generous five inches device and because of this, we can say this device as one of the most outstanding features of this new model and an android designed to entertainment which also can act as a personal agenda, discreet platform games and camera. If you see the price for this and the features then I am sure that you will also find this as worthy.

If you really want a cheap and a good one then the best option for you is to get it from the eBay. You will get best offers there and will also get under your budget.