Thread: Need to replace Logic Board of Seagate Momentus ST9750420AS 3Gb/s 750-GB

Need to replace Logic Board of Seagate Momentus ST9750420AS 3Gb/s 750-GB

Below ,mentioned is the hard ware configuration of my system
    Custom-built laptop
    i2720 2.3ghz Quad Core Processor
    GT555M 2gb Video Card
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
    Right now I am using Momentus 750gb HDD. Today morning I notices something really strange with my laptop. It was stuck at BIOS screen was failing to detect HDD though it was connected with system. also there was strange sound after couple of seconds. I looked around to get the exact root cause of the problem and concluded that logic board has damaged by anymean. The laptop is 6 month older so I think it would be covered by warranty itself. Even I don’t wanted to loose all the data from the hard drive as well. So let me know if you are having valuable comments to get rid out from this particular problem.
    Any help will be appreciated a lot. Thanks.

Re: Need to replace Logic Board of Seagate Momentus ST9750420AS 3Gb/s 750-GB

So far I have not seen frying of HDD logic board until and unless it got over voltage. As per the industry standards customer would be responsible for regular backs up as well as restoring the data. They won’t provide any guaranteed about the same by any manner. first of all recommend that you should go for replacement of the hard drive itself. As far warranty of the hard drive is concerned normally hard drives are warranted for 5 years.

I am not sure but your hard drive might be having stiction fault that means heads of yours are stuck with platters rather than that of the having a PCV fault. As far as I know every single PCB supposed to stores are going to storing unique drive specific information into serial flash memory chip. So don’t think so replacing of Logic board would work.

In case you are not able to replace the drive then there are specialize firms who are supposed to do hard drive repair they would charge enough for such kind of work.