Thread: Cannot install SD28 firmware in Momentus Xt

Cannot install SD28 firmware in Momentus Xt

I am facing problem while updating the firmware of the Momentus Xt 500Gb hard drive. I am trying install SD28 firmware but once my hard drive gets recognized by computer after that system hangs at boot screen of firm ware. Please let me know how can I fix this problem?

Re: Cannot install SD28 firmware in Momentus Xt

As far as I know this whenever low failure like this occurs at that time it raise the question whether your hard drive is having boot sector virus infection. I will suggest connect your Momentus Xt hard drive with virus free computer and then you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not?

Yes I will also suggest you similar solution. You have to connect your hard drive in external casing and connect it with different computer. Now after connecting hard drive with different com computer you have to try to update firmware. First try to update the firmware with the help of windows version and if you get same problem while updating the firmware with the windows version then you should try DOS version and then see whether you are able to update the firmware of not. According to me after trying this solution your problem will get solved. if you need any more help then let me know.

IF above solution does not help you to solve this problem then I will suggest you to scan your hard drive with Trend Micro Housecall scanner. This scanner will find all the threats and fix the problem which you are facing. Trend Micro Housecall is available for free.

I have tried to solve this problem by putting my hard drive in external case and connecting it with different computer and then I have tried to update firmware but that gave me same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by scanning the drive but problem does not get solved.

Well according to me you should first remove hard drive from your computer and then you have to connect hard drive again (Make sure that any other data storage is not connected). After that boot that boot your computer from the windows CD. Now install windows to your hard drive. After doing that you have to download SD28 firmware update utility from internet and then try to install it again.

If you want to download SD28 firmware update utility then you can download it by going in to the official site of the Seagate or you can download the firmware update by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button. After downloading that you have to update the firmware.

There was same problem occurred with me and I have also first boot the PC from windows CD and then installed windows on my hard drive and then when I tried to update the firmware at that time I didn’t get any problem.