Thread: System not recognizing Barracuda T3000DM001 3TB Sata 3 Drive

System not recognizing Barracuda T3000DM001 3TB Sata 3 Drive

My system does not recognizes my Barracuda T3000DM001 Sata 3 Drive. I have two drives connected to a system. First one is SSD and the second one is 3TB Barracuda drive. The SSD was working fine. But when I connected the 3TB drive and checked in bios it is not recognized. What should I do now. Thanks.

Re: System not recognizing Barracuda T3000DM001 3TB Sata 3 Drive

Many bios comes with limitation of maximum 2TB or less support. Did you checked your hardware configuration. I am talking about the motherboard specification. If it does not supports a 3TB hard drive then it is not worth to use it. You must always check properly before attaching such drives to your system. If you do not found any specification that showed a 3TB support to the system then it is recommended that you use this on a external enclosure. There are various nas devices that can be use for using such high storage devices on your system. Even if the drive is detected there are less possibilities that your system will show up full 3TB size in the bios.

Check the cable connectivity. It is right that many bios comes with limitation of maximum size of hard drive storage. To use a 3TB drive you will need to update your bios. You can find the right bios version on the official site of manufacturer. Read the bios specification related to 3TB drive support.

I have a ASUS P8H-67-M motherboard. I had updated the most recent bios. Many Intel chipset comes with raid support and intel disk manager. I have a separate drive connected which is of 500GB. I had my operating system and data in it. Now for a better backup support I had too connected a 3TB drive which was not detected. I am using western digital. The official site provides a method to make it work in the system by updating the bios and formatting drive in using Advance format tool. There is a manual which guided me to configure the site on my system. I will recommend you to find the same. You will need to format the drive in appropriate format so that it can work in your system.

Those drives work smoothly on mac operating system and they are recommended for 64bit operating system only. Check the specification properly.