Thread: Kodak printer not utilizing full ink cartridge, request new one before old one finishes

Kodak printer not utilizing full ink cartridge, request new one before old one finishes

I am using Kodak printer for printing important documents that I have. I don’t use any color cartridges but only use black and white colors. I need to print only text documents. Whenever I am printing some document, the printer stops the printing mid-way asks for refilling cartridge to continue the printing process. When I check the old cartridge, it is actually not empty. But still the printer asks for cartridge refill. The amount of ink left is enough for printing the remaining data. Why can’t the printer prompt me to refill the ink before it completely finishes. Is there any setting that I need to activate for proper utilization of ink? I also want the printer to tell me before the ink is about to finish. I mean, it should tell me that the ink is insufficient for printing the next page and shouldn’t waste the pages. Does anybody know if it is possible?

Re: Kodak printer not utilizing full ink cartridge, request new one before old one finishes

I too suffer from the same problem. Kodak advertises as an economical printer which will save the ink and time. But the advertising turns out to be false. I know that Kodak wastes lot of ink in printing and I won’t recommend it to anyone. I started using HP printer after this fiasco. HP printers are way better than the Kodak printers. When I contacted the Kodak technicians about this issue, they said that if printer uses the ink completely and then when time comes for printing more, the only thing that will come out of the nozzle will be air. This outcome of air will prove harmful and can damage the nozzle.

Re: Kodak printer not utilizing full ink cartridge, request new one before old one finishes

I use Epson printer. Whenever a new ink cartridge is attached in the printer, it first calculates the amount of ink available and amount of printing it can do by keeping the value of your requirement as average value. After every printing task you give it, it will again check for the ink left and printing it can do. So if the ink is about to end, it will prompt the user to change the ink cartridge.

I too am using a Kodak printer and I too see a problem in it. I need to print documents as well as photos. So I need to use both black ink as well as the colored ones. Whenever I use the black ink, the ink meter shows the black ink reduction properly. But if I don’t use color ink, the meter shows consumption of color ink similar to black ink. I still can’t figure out why it is happening. After this trouble, I changed to Epson printer. It is better than the Kodak printer.