Thread: Windows Vista x64 and Canon mp830: Error message rmslantc.dll error (MP Navigator scan failed)

Windows Vista x64 and Canon mp830: Error message rmslantc.dll error (MP Navigator scan failed)

my computer is powered by Windows Vista x64. Right now I am using Canon mp830. I am not able to scan by using above mentioned device. it is prompting with an error message ‘rmslantc.dll error (MP Navigator scan failed)’ I could not figure out whether it is an issue with scanner or drivers or operating system itself. If you are having any specific resolution to solve the matter will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows Vista x64 and Canon mp830: Error message rmslantc.dll error (MP Navigator scan failed)

Looking at the situation I recommend below mentioned solution which will help you to resolve the issue.

You have to search for twain_32 folder.

Now you have to look into the subfolder for the device which is not working.

In my situation I am having C:\WINDOWS\twain_32\CNQL30.

After that you will need to edit the environment variable and simply add the
    entry into System Variable named Path which I have mentioned below.
    Code:
    %SystemRoot%\twain_32\CNQL30
    Now reboot the system.

Re: Windows Vista x64 and Canon mp830: Error message rmslantc.dll error (MP Navigator scan failed)

Ok thanks a lot for the prompt replies of yours. well I am not aware of anything Environmental Variables. Let me know how can I get Environmental Variables on Windows Vista x64?

To get the Environmental Variables you will need to perform below mentioned steps.

• Right click on My computer and go for Properties.
    • Click on Advanced system settings. You will get warning you need admin rights simply click on Ok to Proceed further.
    • From the System Properties and click on Advanced and click on Environmental Variables.

Make sure that you have installed all the necessary drivers on your computer. you can get the same from the official website. If you are still facing the same problem then you should contact the technical support team.