Thread: hIOmon Performance Monitor test on SSD

hIOmon Performance Monitor test on SSD

This is not really a question but a kind of suggestion for SSD performance checkup. I got this tool called hIOmon Performance Monitor. I had seen some of the pre-tested report which defines how to find a performance output of a SSD. The tool offers you to configure and find information related to your input and output devices. So all in all this is a kind of benchmarking tool that will show how your SSD can perform and what output can expect. So I just need some advice from those you had used this tool.

Re: hIOmon Performance Monitor test on SSD

SSDs are good in data transfer rate. The performance can only be judge when you are going to use the same on severs or while gaming. Anyhow I do not really think there is a need to get a performance report of SSD drives. SSD vendors marketing departments are constantly taking effort to give high speed and sky-high IOPS. IOPS are number of input and output operations per second. The more higher they are much better SSD will work. Right there are not right figures. Anyhow SSD will be cheaper in the coming time will make your day to day operation much better. You really on the current specification of this drives. Optimization process can appear in the coming time.

You are not really correct on the specification thing. The fact that the new SSD are popular for their speed does not mean really mean that they will provide you high speed. Anyhow you are going to use latest drivers for the SATA controller. This drivers are updated and already designed to provide you high data transfer.

SSDs are not fully optimized yet. hIOmon can just provide you the test result of maximum it can give you. Check your bios if you think that your SSD is lowers. Check AHCI-mode in your BIOS is fine or not. Also make sure that the function TRIM is working. You can try to figure that there is newer version of firmware used in your system. If you are facing a low performance issue in your system then there can be chances that due to various reason this issue appears. Most consumer SSD, available today, based on several channels MLC NAND flash memory and use one of the most popular architectures of the controller. The family of Intel X25 has a good performance, but with some shortcomings in the capacity for recording.

I do not really think it is better to test a SSD. You can expect that much speed which is mentioned under a specification.