Thread: Fax interrupting Phone calls on Canon Pixma MX300

Fax interrupting Phone calls on Canon Pixma MX300

well I am making use of Canon Pixma MX300. If I am having fax on the device and phone call is coming within half of the time. At the same time I am talking on phone for around a minute then fax machine is interrupting the call. As it kicks I wont be able to shut down the cannon until and unless In Use Memory light simply stops the flashing takes for 30 seconds. In that particular time I am not able to make any phone call on the device. Let me know if you know anything to resolve the issue.

Re: Fax interrupting Phone calls on Canon Pixma MX300

After going through the problem of yours I recommend that you should change Remote RX ID. By default Remote RX ID number is 25. If fax is interrupting telephone conversations after within first sixty seconds then it is making use of fax signals and there is need of changing Remote RX ID number.
    • First of all you have to press <FAX> button in order to enter Fax menu.
    • Now Press <Menu> button.
    • After that press either left or right arrow in order to select RX SETTINGS and press Ok button.
    • Now again you have to press either left or right key arrow so that you can select REMOTE RX and Pres Ok.
    • Once again you have to pres left or right arrow in order to select ON or Off and Press Ok button.
    • In case by default settings are on then,
    • If Remote RX is set On then windows would appear and display current REMOTE RX ID.
    • You have to use left or right arrow so that you can select preferred ID value which could be range 00 to 99.
    • Finally you have to Press Ok to set Id.
    • After that you have to Press Fax button so that you can return into Fax Standby mode.

If above mentioned solution did not work for you then you will need to turn off Remote RX.
    1. First of all you will require to Press Menu button till you get FAX SETTINGS.
    2. Now use [ ] or [ ] so that you can select RX SETTINGS and Press Ok.
    3. After that you should use [ ] or [ ] so that you can Select REMOTE RX and Press Ok.
    4. Now you should use [ ] or [ ] to select OFF and Press Ok button.
    5. At last you will need to Press Stop/Reset.

Let me know what was the results after using above mentioned solutions? If there is no change in the situation then I think you should contact the technical support team and ask about further help on this particular problem.