Thread: Samsung CLP-325W printer’s syncthru password reset

Samsung CLP-325W printer’s syncthru password reset

I have a Samsung CLP-325W printer at my workplace. It is connected to Mac. The problem is that I have lost my password for SyncThru web services. Without that password, I can’t use the printer. I contacted the Samsung customer care, but they haven’t yet replied. In other printers the Mac’s address can be used as password for printer. But this doesn’t work with the printer I have mentioned. Does anybody have any idea, how to reset printer’s password?

Re: Samsung CLP-325W printer’s syncthru password reset

Samsung CLP-325W is a new printer manufactured by Samsung. The new printers do not accept the last 8 digits of Mac address as password. The reset won’t work as the Syncthru Web 2.x service doesn’t accept password without valid User ID. The old resetting solution works with the all-in-one printers. But in the device which works only as printer, this method doesn’t work. The printers that can be reset needed to hold the power button for some time to enter the settings mode. There one was able to change user ID and password.

Hold down the 3 buttons on the printer, I/O, Cancel, and WPS for some seconds. The printer now will be partially turned on. The toner Light and the error light will be working. At this stage the printer seems to be gone into the frozen state. If your printer doesn’t have the WPS button, then just hold I/O and Cancel button only. Now unplug it from the power supply and wait for a couple of minutes. Now turn it on again, and you will see the Wi-Fi network not detecting. Now from your computer, try to access the settings. As it will be reset you can use the manufacturer’s password and user ID.

The default user ID of the printer is admin and password is sec00000. This will work on default settings. You will need to configure the printer all over again.

This reset procedure does not seem to work for the CLP-325W/XAC model. May for the other one.

ohmy Re: Samsung CLP-325W printer’s syncthru password reset

I have the same problem ....
    Is there already a solution!?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by RobVIE View Post
    I have the same problem ....
    Is there already a solution!?
    Do you care to explain your problems in details so that we can understand what kind of issues are you facing? If you are facing password problem then try ID:admin, PIN:admin. If that doesnt work then the printer should have been given a custom id name and password and only who had set it up can reset it.

oh sry .... i mean the last post from Paxmaj ... i have the same printer and i`m still waiting for any hints & tipps

Exclamation Re: Samsung CLP-325W printer’s syncthru password reset

Reset Network Configuration from the Network menu [if u have an lcd on printer]. After you made it the credentials are:

ID: admin
    password: sec00000 [5 zeros]

I've the same problem with SyncThru after i'll change the standard password on SCX-4728FD. After 2 days of #@#&%$£# i'll find that solution and all works correctly.

Best regards
    caffeina

I have been having a similar problem with my Samsung CLP-325W. I had just changed the admin password and login and then could not get back into the Syncthru interface. (I'm not sure but I think that my password was too long and was corrupted.)

What worked for me finally was to hold the three buttons down on the printer (Power, WPS and the other one). The printer kind of locks up.

I then unplugged the printer and set my timer for five minutes. I went away from it and after the timer went off. I plugged it back in.

The printer came back up on the same static IP that I had set. When I used the login and password that I had set (what would fit - 15 characters) it took it. NOT the default password but the one that I had set in the first place.

I promptly changed it to a shorter password.