Thread: Cannot edit Razer Imperator Mouse profile

Cannot edit Razer Imperator Mouse profile

Started using the Razer Imperator mouse in my desktop computer. I was creating a new profile and editing it. At the same time, the configuration utility crashed. Now there is no way I can open the configuration utility to open and editing profile. I installed the latest firmware but it also didn’t help. Uninstallation/ re-installation also didn’t help. It also gives me same error.

Re: Cannot edit Razer Imperator Mouse profile

You didn’t tell what version of Windows you are running and what version drivers you have installed here. To check it, I urge you to go to device manager and see if there is an error regarding your mouse. If not, right click on the mouse and click uninstall. Now reboot the system and let the Windows to install Windows Generic drivers for USB where the mouse is connected. See if it working well now. Now you can install the configuration utility and see what you can get.

It seems to me that the software which you are using for the mouse might be conflicting with other software. Due to this it might get crashed and does not allow you to open it once again. First of all you have to find out what is causing this error. You can check the error and detail in event Viewer. If you do not get the sufficient information there, then I have only one solution. Run registry cleaner by uninstalling the mouse. Also reset the CMOS.

There is always problem with USBs or sometimes have JavaScript consumption savings in USB is problematic. In Windows XP or 7 go to device manager (control panel, system), and unfold "Controllers Universal Serial Bus." Then in hubs, right click and give to properties. In the Power Management tab, uncheck "Allow the computer off ..." if marked. Do it with all USB Root Hub there. In Windows 7 you can go to Control Panel, Power Options, and you hit "Change plan settings" you have selected. Then "Change advanced settings" and open "USB Configuration" in "Configuring USB selective suspend" and put it to Disabled. I do not know if Vista can also be done as Windows 7, I think it was similar.

I assume that it may be interfering with the drivers; although I've done tests with two mice have been one with their drivers and other drivers with "generic" worked perfectly. It's a little weird, but tries as I say, or at least install their drivers while not connected the wireless set. Anyway Razer has not enjoyed very good reputation with their drivers, as this is their problem, and over that the problem is seen just after installing them. If you have the disk, try the ones that come on it just in case, to try another version of these.