Thread: Scrolling Wheel of Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 gets super sensitive while playing games!

Scrolling Wheel of Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 gets super sensitive while playing games!

I have recently bought Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 and it just works great but then the only problem that I am facing is that when I am playing game like Counter-Strike Source, Gmod, HL2 then the mouse wheel gets super sensitive and it just becomes impossible for playing the game, I have changed some setting of the mouse by going in to the control panel but then it has not helped is there anything I can do about the same???

Re: Scrolling Wheel of Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 gets super sensitive while playing games!

I have recently bought Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 and it just works great but then the only problem that I am facing is that when I am playing game like Counter-Strike Source, Gmod, HL2 then the mouse wheel gets super sensitive and it just becomes impossible for playing the game, I have changed some setting of the mouse by going in to the control panel but then it has not helped is there anything I can do about the same???

In that case I will suggest you to change the mouse sensitivity in-game and make sure that you are not check marking the Smooth Mouse Movement" box as well and see if it is making any difference or not, if that does not helped then you can download Intellimouse software for the mouse which will help you out in reduce the scrolling speed, is just wanted to know that have you tried installing the driver that you might have got in the cd with the mouse???? Just check out these possible things and then let me know if it is helping.

Re: Scrolling Wheel of Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 gets super sensitive while playing games!

Hey thanks for your interest, I have already change the mouse sensitivity in-game and have not check marked the Smooth Mouse Movement" box as well but then it did not helped, other than this I have also downloaded the Intellimouse software for the mouse and have tried it out but then it is not making any difference, I am not able to control the scrolling of the mouse wheel during the games only it works smoothly for the other task’s, as far as the driver is concerned I have not got any cd for installing the drivers for the same, in my case I am running Windows 7 64 bit, is there anything I can try out???

You should check out the below things:
    • First try scrolling wheel speed down and as it is a Microsoft mouse you should get a game detection box in the mouse properties screen and if you get it then try changing the settings there.
    • If it is possible then try out other scrolling mouse and see if you are getting the same response in the game or it works fine, if it works fine then there are possibilities that there is something wrong with the mouse.

Just check out the above possible solutions and then post back the result that you get for the same.

First try scrolling wheel speed down and as it is a Microsoft mouse you should get a game detection box in the mouse properties screen and if you get it then try changing the settings there.
    I have tried scrolling wheel speed down but then I was not getting any game detection box, I right clicked on the screen and had checked out the properties as well and did not found any such settings.

If you don’t then just try out adjusting the mouse speed in the windows mouse settings and see if it is making any difference.
    Currently I am just having one mouse so I won’t be able to perform a cross check, is there anything else that I can try out to get it work properly, or I will have to simply replace the mouse???? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

I don’t know why you have not got a driver disc with the mouse, I mean that I have bought a number of Microsoft mouse but then if you have not then you can download and install the Intellipoint Drivers for your mouse as per your windows and then try out adjusting the sensitivity and assign functions and see if it is making any difference or not, I think that it should probably help you out if there is any software issue. If this did not help you out as well then it might be a defective mouse.
    Comfort Mouse 4500 Software and Drivers

I have now tried out the Intellipoint Drivers from the above link as well but then even it did not helped, I have also tried altering scroll speed, have disabled the accelerated scrolling as well as have tried adding hl2.exe to the scrolling assistance list but then no matter what I am getting the same response there is no difference in the scrolling of the wheel while playing the games, I don’t think that it is a defective mouse but then I think either it is not compatible with Windows 7 or it is just not compatible with the these games, I will try out some other games and will let you know if it is making any difference or not.