Thread: How to get 2 taskbars for dual Monitors with extended display on windows XP?

How to get 2 taskbars for dual Monitors with extended display on windows XP?

I have a window XP Home system which is running a dual monitor in extended mode. It’s working great and also had no issues until now.

Last night when I was playing around with the task bar I noticed that I was able to move it here and there everywhere between the two monitors but somehow I was unable to stretch it across both, also I was not able to get one task bar for each monitor. After doing a long 1 hour research I gave up and decided to post a thread over here. So please help me out, I want a taskbar which should be full of quicklaunch buttons on one monitor and running program icons taskbar on another monitor.

Can anyone help me out?

Re: How to get 2 taskbars for dual Monitors with extended display on windows XP?

If trying to do it with the native windows XP supports then unfortunately you won’t be able to do it. Hope fully there might be some 3rd party tools that would be probably doing so, but I am not sure with this thing. So better you get some suggest from XP support or wait for someone other to post a solution.

Re: How to get 2 taskbars for dual Monitors with extended display on windows XP?

Hey I did it many a times, its quite simple. Even recently I dragged the quick launch toolbar from the bottom of one monitor and then dropped it to the bottom of another monitor with the help of those two monitors connected on an ATI dual head card and with latest and most recent drivers installed. Initially I got the title bar but then when I moved it closer to the monitor edge, I got the toolbar as required that extends the entire width of the second monitor. Later on after the placement, I rebooted the system number of times in order to make sure that the positioning was successful.

I too did the implementation successfully, for this I used Matrox and ATI dualhead cards just for a while. I personally do not prefer a extended taskbar every time. At times this extended toolbar becomes the only option for me whereas other times it is offered as an alternate option for a single screen taskbar. There are some of the software or you can take control panel for your display adapter that includes the capability to just save or create a workspace that would extend any number of monitors.

I have noticed huge variations with the driver options as we all know that there are lot of drivers that keeps on coming with different driver version.

Hey I did it many a times, its quite simple. Even recently I dragged the quick launch toolbar from the bottom of one monitor and then dropped it to the bottom of another monitor with the help of those two monitors connected on an ATI dual head card and with latest and most recent drivers installed. Initially I got the title bar but then when I moved it closer to the monitor edge, I got the toolbar as required that extends the entire width of the second monitor. Later on after the placement, I rebooted the system number of times in order to make sure that the positioning was successful.
    I must say one thing; you would shock to hear that I did not even know that we can actually drag the quick lunch menu from the taskbar completely. I came to know about it from your post, in fact I even tried the trick and hence successfully implemented it but after having few attempts. But I must admit that it is the best and one of the costless uncomplicated option.

So please help me out, I want a taskbar which should be full of quicklaunch buttons on one monitor and running program icons taskbar on another monitor.
    I guess you are in need of something else. Undoubtedly solution for creating 2 taskbar has been already answered in the obove posts but then when I read your question perfectly and thoroughly I came to the conclusion that your actual need are not the one which is not 2 taskbars instead if I am not mistaken you need one taskbar and one toolbar. And for your kind information you can do this thing without a third party application.

Let me clear one thing, I really want to see two taskbar and that’s what I mentioned above in both the title and question. I would also mention that i am not sure with the things but more or less I somehow want to use an extra quicklaunch room, and this is why I got the idea for quicklaunch. Definitely it would be very much helpful and also provide you with some helpful option.

Why don’t you just create a new toolbar and just put up the necessary application that you require on it. Once done later on you can simply drag that toolbar from the taskbar and implement it on another monitor at the bottom.

Or else you can also go for Ultramon software. you must definitely try out this software, hopefully you will get the required information and help from there. Its an utility for multiple monitor systems.

Yeah I do agree with the above suggestion, you can go for UltraMon software. first of all the most important thing is, its free of cost. This utility is designed to simple enhance the productivity of the system and also to unlock full potential of multiple monitors. Some of its features are mentioned below:
    • Efficiently move windows also maximize windows over desktop
    • Handle more applications with a Smart Taskbar
    • Control positioning of apps using UltraMon Shortcuts
    • Multi monitor support for desktop wallpapers, screensavers etc

you can do it only with third-party software. I recommend you to try Actual Multiple Monitors. It much better than Ultramon or Display Fusion. Also AMM has the better free version.