Thread: Canon Pixma iP4850 is just not printing to any paper source

Canon Pixma iP4850 is just not printing to any paper source

I have recently bought a Canon Pixma iP4850 and the problem that I am facing is that It is not printing to any paper source but it does for the rear tray. I have checked out the manual and it says the photo quality paper has to go in the rear tray where as the plain paper in cassette and then the printer will adjust the ink flow as per it automatically, i don’t know why it is just printing from the rear tray, is there any way by which I can force it to print from the cassette????

Re: Canon Pixma iP4850 is just not printing to any paper source

I have recently bought a Canon Pixma iP4850 and the problem that I am facing is that It is not printing to any paper source but it does for the rear tray. I have checked out the manual and it says the photo quality paper has to go in the rear tray where as the plain paper in cassette and then the printer will adjust the ink flow as per it automatically, i don’t know why it is just printing from the rear tray, is there any way by which I can force it to print from the cassette????
    Before I suggest you something about the same just check out the below things:
    • Set the paper source as "cassette" in the printer driver dialogue
    • Set the paper source as cassette in Ms Word as well
    • If that does not work then try out setting the source as printer settings in the Ms Word

Just try out the above things and then let me know if it is making any difference.

Hey thanks for the same but then I have tried setting the paper source as "cassette" in the printer driver dialogue as well as paper source as cassette in Ms Word but then it was not making any difference, I have also tried setting the paper source as cassette in Ms Word and it did not helped as well, I don’t know why it is just not doing what I am telling it to do, I am just not getting some other way by which I can set cassette as its default paper source.

I think that I can help you out here as I was going through the same issue and have solved it out, this is what you have to do:
    Just select the Print and the in the printer drive make sure that you are having the following configuration:
    Properties | Quick setup tab | "cassette" is specified in Paper Source
    Properties | Main tab | "cassette" is specified in Paper Source
    Properties | Page setup tab | Print Options button | Make sure that you are check marking "Disable the paper source setting of the application source software" box.
    When you are done with the same then disable "cassette" as the paper source in Ms Word
    Just try it out and then post back the result that you get for the same.