Thread: Virus deleted my hardware!

Virus deleted my hardware!

Definitely not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, so if not I'm sorry!

Earlier tonight I got a virus on my computer. I quickly disconnected from the internet and shut down my computer. When I turned it back on (about 20 minutes later), everything is literally lost. My background is gone, all of my files. There are only two shortcuts that are still here - computer and recycle bin. When I click on computer and go to library, nothing is there. However, it says I only have 192 free GB out of 232 GB on my local disk so I'm hoping that means that all this is just hidden?

I'm obviously able to still use my internet, but all of my favorites and stuff are just completely wiped.

A files indexation process failed keeps popping up, along with "hard drive clusters are partly damaged" message, a System check that won't go away that I cancelled (not sure if its part of the virus still) and about 20 little messages telling me "failed to save all the componets for the file \\system32\\0000771c (obviously these numbers vary) The file is corrupted or unreadable. This error may be caused by a PC hardware problem"

My start menu control panel has gone and when I search for it, I can't find it either.

I've tried to do a system restore but it says there's not a restore point?

Does anyone have any experience with this type of problem or know how to fix it?

Re: Virus deleted my hardware!

As far as i can guess you have been attacked by trojan virus, which antivirus you were using??? if system restore is not helping then i i think you will have to make a fresh installation of the os you were using as you system files seems to be corrupted as well.

Re: Virus deleted my hardware!

I have been using Avast! Antivirus. It will still run and it's not finding a virus on my computer at all.