Thread: How to use Logitech QuickCam Orbit MP in Macbook

How to use Logitech QuickCam Orbit MP in Macbook

Yesterday I have bought the Logitech Orbit MP Webcam. I wanted to it on Macbook. For that reason I have first connected the webcam to macbook. Now the system asks for CD. I insert the CD which came along with it. The disc loads but nothing came up on the screen. Is this cam compatible with Apple Macbook or Mac OS?

Re: How to use Logitech QuickCam Orbit MP in Macbook

It is unfortunate issue of the connection to the Mac. As always, is silent in that regard, the company Logitech does not provide a complete support yet. When you connect the webcam, you see nothing. The possible solution for this only with the USB video device class or USB video class or UVC shortly. Most newer cameras from Logitech support this standard, such as tested the QuickCam Pro 9000 , the Sphere holds this rule too, and can therefore operate without the proper drivers on different operating systems. In other words, there is no problem with both Skype and other applications directly to get started with the camera. I even tested it under Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5).

It is really shame that Logitech brings a peak webcam on the market but lacking with few things. The Logitech sphere is detected on the Mac but by the lack of control software, it is not to think of a sensible use.

I also bought the Logitech quickcam Sphere AF, hoping that it would work on Mac. Unfortunately, I now find that they can be exploited as a video source but useless modes. The image quality in RAW mode is huge, so unfortunately cannot even create, but on my Intel iMac with 2GB of RAM I can get a fluid video. The other two modes do indeed fine, but with small videos to 320x240 (too small for the purpose). The panning function does not activate at all in OS X.

I have also got the same webcam from Logitech for Macbook. I have installed the drivers and software that came along with the webcam assuming that it would be compatible but it fails to start the service. The QuickCapture reports that no compatible camera would be available and the other (Logitech Camera Control) reports that one should only start a "video application". So I think that the current driver us not usable here and I don’t know what drivers can guarantee the operation under OS X.