Thread: How to Install a second bootable hard drive with OS and then remove OS from it?

How to Install a second bootable hard drive with OS and then remove OS from it?

I hope you did understand the title well if you haven’t then let me tell you in detail. well I recently added a SSD in my system and clean installed windows 7 in it. well I have removed my old had drive that had windows 7 in it. so I want it now just for the storage purpose and nothing else. So I want to install that hard drive in the system and remove the os from it. will I be able to do that or not? What do you all think about it, please do give me some explanation for the same. I am waiting for the response from you all.

I know it’s a bit risky process and hence I am taking some help from you all. Which I know you will give it to me.

Re: How to Install a second bootable hard drive with OS and then remove OS from it?

Hey good idea well you can do that in reality as well. install both the drives. Now in the bios under the boot priority you should set the first boot device as SSD so what it will do is boot from the SSD directly and your hard disk becomes the storage option. So you can right click there and format it. its very simple. Do give a try for the said solution and revert back to me if it works or not for you. Waiting for the reply from your side.

Re: How to Install a second bootable hard drive with OS and then remove OS from it?

Don’t you think it will give any problem since it is the bootable drive? I am thinking if it started to give any problems when i install it then? Anyways i will give a try.

No it wont it works successfully for me. So I would suggest this solution to everyone present here. it works. I am happy about it.