Thread: RT-N56U router DNS resolution not proper after upgrading from 1.0.1.7f to 1.0.1.8b firmware

RT-N56U router DNS resolution not proper after upgrading from 1.0.1.7f to 1.0.1.8b firmware

I bought a new Asus RT N56U router 2 weeks ago for my home network. I must say this router gives the best output and quite satisfying experience. But then from last 2 days I have being facing the issue with the DNS (Domain Name system) resolution.

It’s not that I didn’t do anything, I must certainly admit that this issue started from the time I upgraded the firmware. As according to my knowledge the installed firmware on the router was 1.0.1.7f but then I upgraded it to 1.0.1.8b firmware, and since from then I am facing this DNS resolution issue. Is there anyone present over here who upgraded the firmware with having the same router, facing the same issue?

Re: RT-N56U router DNS resolution not proper after upgrading from 1.0.1.7f to 1.0.1.8b firmware

Yeah I am the one, had the same issue with the DNS resolution after the firmware update. And let me tell you I still didn’t get any solution or the main cause of this issue, I was just knowing that everything has been started after I did the upgrade. So I simply went for the downgrade process, I mean I downgraded the firmware back to 1.0.1.7f, and guess what, The issue was fixed and the system started working as before.

Re: RT-N56U router DNS resolution not proper after upgrading from 1.0.1.7f to 1.0.1.8b firmware

I too ran into the same problem while flashing the firmware earlier. Actually what exactly happened was when I flashed the firmware for the router the router automatically went into the recovery mode. I am not sure but I guess this happened because I was trying to upload the firmware binary file from the actual USB drive that was connected to the router. I have a notebook pc, so maybe I guess it became necessary for me to connect the router to the pc through USB cable and then install the firmware recovery utility so that I would able to flash the 1.0.1.7f firmware.

Also let me tell you that I installed the firmware recovery utility from the RT-N56U CD. Fortunately I was also having another copy of the firmware on the thumb drive. Also the firmware recovery utility I guess does not comes with any of the version of this router firmware. So therefore it was always important for having the copy of the binary firmware file accessible smoothly.

This is the reason I really do not like Asus products especially the software they provide along with their hardware devices. I must say that a good and reputed product always uploads and reads the firmware every time before the flashing process starts, so therefore there must be no issue while using the internal USB port.

I too had the same issue but not with this router. I did have Dlink router and the problem arise at the beginning when I bought it the first time. But I must say that now the latest firmware that has been released for this router is really amazing.