Thread: FibreCat SX80 disk takes more time for expansion.

FibreCat SX80 disk takes more time for expansion.

Hello everyone! We have FibreCat SX80 with seven disk. Actually we want to expand it with 6 disk. One more things I just wanted to say is controller software said that “You can expand it 4disk at time”. after that we decided to only four disk will be expand. Remaining will do in the last. Here when we start the processes of expanding then we saw that controller gave us notification that this process will take only few minutes. We left the process after one week we see that it completed up to only 33% of raid-group expand. Here my question is that does anyone know how much time it will take to finish this process. Have you know any mathematical formula for calculation of time? So can anyone give me how it can be possible?

Re: FibreCat SX80 disk takes more time for expansion.

Actually you know we are using the FibreCat SX80 for disk expanding. We have done the practical on the basis of this. We also had started the process of expanding but after couple of day it reaches to 69% percent. When we calculate from result we got 5.75%/day. It will take some time. Here we shall suggest you that use Logical Unit number for calculation. It will help you.

Yes, I am completely satisfied with your query. Actually we have done the FibreCat disk expansion and volume extension but we get couple of surprise. First when we add the new disks to disk-pool and try to expand raid group with those new disk then we got the message “this will take only few minutes” but here instead of adding more blocks to disk table. The process of the expansion was well. When we add the block then we got the power of new disk. Here I would say that it took two weeks for completing.

Here I can say that On parallel load and additional IO on disk within the FibreCat SX80, which can be also operated from the ownership controller. Here I can say that this could take a several day and even weeks. I cannot tell you standards time for the process. Along with that I would suggest you that please check that other running process are OK or not.