Thread: No audio signal via HDMI after connecting WDTV Live HD with Onkyo 605

No audio signal via HDMI after connecting WDTV Live HD with Onkyo 605

I have WDTV Live HD and when I connect it with Onkyo 605 receiver via HDMI at that time I cannot get Sound. I have tried to solve this problem by updating the firmware but after that also I get same problem. is there any way to fix this issue.

Re: No audio signal via HDMI after connecting WDTV Live HD with Onkyo 605

You have to first make sure that you have selected HDMI audio input in your Onkyo 605 receiver. If HDMI audio input Is not selected then you have to first select HDMI audio input and after that you have to check whether same problem occurs or not?

Yes selecting the HDMI audio input does the trick for me. I was also having audio after WDTV with receiver and then I have come to know that I have to select HDMI audio input and then I have selected the HDMI audio input option and my problem get solved.

You have to check whether your Onkyo 605 receiver works properly with other HDMI device or not? if that does not work with any other HDMI device then problem is with the Onkyo 605 receiver. You have to also try different HDMI cable because many times changing the HDMI cable can also help you to solve this problem.

I have read your solutions and first checked about HDMI input options in the receiver but after selecting HDMI audio input receiver also I was facing same problem. now after that I have also tried to solve this check WDTV with different receiver via HDMI but that does not help me. How to fix this?

Well I am using my WDTV and I use to connect it with the optical cable and it works great. I think you should also try to connect your WDTV live HD with your Onkyo 605 though optical cabal and then you have to check whether you get sound or not? According to me after using optical cable your problem will get solved. If that idea does not help then you can contact western digital support and then tell them about the problem which you are facing and they will help you to fix this.

As far as I know you should have optical connection for DTS to enjoy DTS audio with movies. If you have HDMI connection then it will not work. I hope this information will be helpful for you. If you need any more help then let me know.

Well I was going through from similar issue but after trying all the possible solution also I was not getting sound after connecting WDTV with my receiver via HDMI and after that I have tried optical connection and I get sound. You should try this trick.