Thread: USB Drives not functioning.

USB Drives not functioning.

My friends wife uses his USB drives to recharge her electronic cigettete batteries. It plugs into any USB port. But now when a flash drive is plugged in containing data files, it won't read them (OS is XP). There are 2 ports in the front and 4 in rear of machine. The ports in front don't work. The rear ports do. Any ideas as to why these are not functioning? Even if system is rebooted, still will not work.

"You're mission, should you accept it, is to discover why these USB ports do not work." Thank you.

Okay. Now I see a similar post and problem. What is Tweak UI?

Re: USB Drives not functioning.

First is she using a desktop or a laptop. Because troubleshooting for both are different. I will describe some fix for the desktop. The front port consist of thin wire which are connected on the motherboard. Those are usually spoiled as the system gets older. The best solution for that is using a usb port expander and connect it to back port. It has additional ports which you can use. Second if she is using a laptop then it is a hardware fault. Other thing Tweak UI is a kind of Windows XP customization tool that can help you to customize your entire Windows the way you want.