Thread: Advice on mechanical keyboards over regular for gaming

Advice on mechanical keyboards over regular for gaming

My keyboard is not working now and I want some advice on switching to mechanical keyboard in place of regular one. I am a gaming fan and I play fps games mostly. I had used a costly gaming keyboard before which is now not working. I found my friend using a mechanical keyboard. I found that is looks more responsive than mine one. Should I buy a medium range mechanical keyboard. Are there models available specially for gaming also. I just need some tips to configure the macro keys in the keyboard so that it can help me to work with the game controls. If possible please list the gaming keyboards only. Thanks.

Re: Advice on mechanical keyboards over regular for gaming

I found two review on this site which I think surely guide you for the gaming keyboard you are looking for. The first Review - Gaming Keyboard Buying Guide has some nice tips to choose from the range of keyboards available today in the market. It shows you want you should consider while buying a keyboard. Second Review - Special Gaming Keyboards shows some of the most weird models of gaming keyboards. They had broke all the bondage of traditional rectangular size. Have a look on both the review once and then post back your queries if you are need more help.

Mechanical keyboards are good for gaming. The reason is they are more responsive than the current one. The difference can only be found by gamers. If you are traditional guy with your day to day mail work, then mechanical keyboard doesn't really matter.

The issue with mechanical keyboard is that they make too noise. That is sometime irritating while working. But some keyboards mechanical proclaim a low noise level as a selling point, such as the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate, for example, which has a version that uses Stealth Edition different mechanical switches that are supposed to be quieter than others.You do not need to buy mechanical keyboard for your computer family or home theater. It is your choice. I think the price of Mechanical keyboard is quiet higher than other. But you can try having a look on the site for more reference.

I do not really found a better difference between regular and mechanical keyboard. I prefer to go with any razr brand which has many models in gaming keyboards you can go for.

I am listing here some number models which will surely be better for gaming. This all are mechanical keyboards for gaming purpose only:
    • Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - $108.29
    • Logitech G19 Programmable Gaming Keyboard with Color Display - $129.97
    • Thermaltake Keyboard KB-CHP001US - $77.99
    • Cyborg Gaming Keyboard - $70.75
    • Razer Anansi MMO Gaming Keyboard - $109.08

This looks costly than regular one. There are other rubber keyboards which are much cheaper. But does really mechanical keyboard affects the gaming performance. It mostly depends on your skill of playing. I had not find that. And in fps game mostly the mouse matters not the keyboard in my views.

That is not right. You are not a gamer. You had seen that the models that are listed above comes with programmable macro keys. This keys are specially designed