Thread: fujitsu siemens storagebird 35ev840 is not getting recognized

fujitsu siemens storagebird 35ev840 is not getting recognized

I have been using fujitsu siemens storagebird 35ev840 hard drive with my desktop running on Windows XP and everything was working fine by now but then the problem that I am facing now is that it is not getting recognized, it is appearing to get the power but then seems that it is not getting registered on any of the USB ports, is there anything I can try out to get it work?

Re: fujitsu siemens storagebird 35ev840 is not getting recognized

I have been using fujitsu siemens storagebird 35ev840 hard drive with my desktop running on Windows XP and everything was working fine by now but then the problem that I am facing now is that it is not getting recognized, it is appearing to get the power but then seems that it is not getting registered on any of the USB ports, is there anything I can try out to get it work?
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know that have you tried connecting it to some other machine and checking if it is working with it or using a different usb cable and so, if not then try out the same and then let me know what you get.

Yes I have checked it out with an HP Notebook on running Windows 7 but then it is not getting recognized there as well and I have also tried out different usb cable but the it is just not making any difference it is not coming up in "My Computer" it just shows the blue glow. I have tried connecting it to different usb ports and have got the same response, I don’t know what is the issue all about but then I want to get it work somehow, is there any other effective solution that I can try out??? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I have found a no of similar cases with the STORAGEBIRD drives and it is recommended to check out the Firmware version and if one is able to check it out then get the latest firmware for the same to avoid such issues, the below models are found to be affected:
    • ST3500620AS
    • ST3500820AS
    • ST3750630AS
    • ST31000333AS
    • ST31500341AS

So just wanted to know that if you are having the one amongst the above?

Even I have found the same and I think that you should better check out if your drive is in the affected list or not, you can check out the same from the below link:

Just check out which hard disk you are having in the enclosure, Best of luck.

Thanks for that but then I just wanted to share that I don’t think that it is an issue with the firmware as in my case the drive is a Hitachi Deskstar model HDS721010KLA330, any further help for the same will be appreciated.