Thread: Dell Optiplex 745 gives a loud noise during the startup

Dell Optiplex 745 gives a loud noise during the startup

Well I have this PC at my office and I am facing this issue from quite a few days for which I decided to take some help from you all on this, so what do you all think what can be the issue behind it? Whenever I start my system there is a loud noise coming from the fan after some time it stops and then when the machine starts completely there is a loud humming sound coming from the tower itself. The sound starts pauses for sometimes and then again it starts so that’s what I have noticed over here. anyways what suggestions would all give me to get rid of this problem? Anybody?

Re: Dell Optiplex 745 gives a loud noise during the startup

Surely it would be the PSU who is giving you the problems, first change the PSU even I had the same problem but got rid of it by just replacing the old psu with the new one. Give it a try.

Ok if you say so then tell me which would be the good method to test that if that is the epicenter of the problem? So please do tell me something about it? I am waiting for your response.

Well substitution is the only test which can give you the result replace it with the new PSU and then test it. No other way by which you would get the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaganvihari View Post
    Well substitution is the only test which can give you the result replace it with the new PSU and then test it. No other way by which you would get the results.
    Ok if you say so but personally speaking I think it’s a motherboard problem, since the sound is coming from the small speaker located on the case right below the power button, so that’s why I am forced into thinking that if it can be a motherboard problem or not.

No its not the motherboard which is giving you the problem I would say that this is the problem with the PSU or the cpu fan. Since sometimes ago even I had the same problem with my dell desktop and on calling up the dell support they said that its either the Power supply or the cpu fan which is giving the problem, so I happened to replace the power supply and that gave me a fix for the issue. So that’s what I want to say here.