Thread: SATA 3 and SATA 6 are very slow.

SATA 3 and SATA 6 are very slow.

I am running SATA 3g and SATA 6g, SATA 6 on grey and SATA 3 on blue. I just wanted know that what would be the problem in this? Can you suggest me solution so that I can fix this problem.

Re: SATA 3 and SATA 6 are very slow.

Here SATA 6 and SATA 3 are the same thing. For that I would suggest you that plug SATA 2(3gbps) devices into SATA 3 ports after doing this I hope they will work fine. You can plug SATA 3 devices into SATA 2 ports but they might not be performing as well as if they were plugged into SATA3 port. Most of hard drives aren’t fast using such type of SATA 3 interface. You can do one thing is try to reboot with only the bare minimum components. I will suggest you that please one ram chip on mother board and watch for keyboard light.

It performance may not be due to your drive itself. I could be the limitation of your system and configuration. Some time what happened is if you are using “HDspeed” it slows your burst datum. That’s pretty slow is correct but I am using IRST drive and get about 150GB/s reads from my sata6.

I would suggest you that please remove all the marvell driver and along with other generic Microsoft AHCI driver if you have it. Let me tell you one thing marvell chips is very poor performance. So I recommend you please do not use marvell connection in your mother board. But according to the principal SATA3 is not Marvell connection. Try to install Intel rapid storage technology.

According to the Intel motherboard database your mother consists of two sata controllers. The first one is intel controller Integrated into Z68 chipset. The second one is a marvel controller. But normally we have to prefer the Intel controller. There may be chances of that your configuration gets mixed up. If you still not able to solve this problem I would suggest you that please contact to AUSUS computer.