Thread: Getting Black Screen with white blinking Line in HP Pavilion p6516f

Getting Black Screen with white blinking Line in HP Pavilion p6516f

Hi friends I am using HP Pavilion p6516f computer and my computer has suddenly started giving me problem. Now whenever I start my computer at that time I get blinking line with black screen. I don’t know what is wrong with my computer but this problem is frustrating for me, any help will be appreciated.

Re: Getting Black Screen with white blinking Line in HP Pavilion p6516f

I have gone though the problem which you are facing with your computer and I would like to ask you that when you power up your HP Pavilion p6516f at that time do you get logo of HP and other details which you normally get when your computer starts. You have to also check whether you are able to start your computer in safe mode or not?

According to me when you start your HP Pavilion p6516f computer at that time you should try to go to the advanced boot option and if you are able to get in to the advance boot option screen then you have to try to perform startup repair option and then check whether your problem get solved or not?

Well after reading your post I start computer and then tried to getting in to the advance boot option by pressing F8 key at the start of computer and I didn’t get any problem. Now after that I tried to use startup repair option but I don’t know from where I can select that option? Please help me with this. Thank you in advance.

If you are not able to find startup repair option in your computer then I will help you with that. You have first select Repair your computer option and after selecting Repair your computer you have to choose System recovery options. Now after that you have to select startup repair option from System recovery options. After doing that you have to check whether you problem get solved or not? as far as I know after trying above steps your problem will get solved. I am telling you this because similar problem was occurred with my HP desktop also then I have tried this solution and then my problem gets solved.

If after trying above problem also same problem is occurring then you have to select System restore option instead of Startup repair option from System recovery options menu and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not?