Thread: Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB is unreadable and there is no clicking

Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB is unreadable and there is no clicking

I am having a Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB and it is having a lot of data but then I don’t know how it has became unreadable and there is no clicking as well, I just wanted to know if this is because of some firmware corruption or something else, is there any solution that I can try to fix, is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB is unreadable and there is no clicking

I am having a Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB and it is having a lot of data but then I don’t know how it has became unreadable and there is no clicking as well, I just wanted to know if this is because of some firmware corruption or something else, is there any solution that I can try to fix, is there anyone who can help me out??
    I will suggest you to better try out acronis usb boot key and check out if the system is able to recognize the drive and your files, here you just have to select backup my file and after that that drive option, if you are able to get it work then you can just backup your files somewhere else, just try it out and then let e know what you are getting.

I wanted to add that I have now tested it out again with the acronis usb boot key and the firmware is appearing to be corrupted, I mean that the drive is getting read as wd800 but then as 80 GB with 0 MB disk space, what can I do know?? Is there any other workaround that I can try out? I have post the same issue in other forum as well but then there one guy had said that the hd might be busy and it won’t be able to read all heads and I will require some programming like setting a virtual head with the help of data compass and so, does anyone has an idea about it?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

As far as I am aware the data compass will not be helping you out actually the software is not designed for setting a virtual head and all, it just allow one to start the HDD with the help of primary or head secondary, it won’t be helping you in getting your hdd recognized, I think that trying out solutions like that will be result in damaging the data that you are having on it, if your data is important and if you really need them you should better contact a real recovery center and they will definitely help you out with the same.

I think that the above user is wrong since you have mentioned that the system is reading it as 80GB with 0 MB disk space I don’t think that you are having such big issue where you will have to contact a real recovery center, other than this the solution that has been mentioned above won’t be affecting your data at all so you don’t have to worry about the same, if you are not able or willing to follow the processes that has been mentioned here then you won’t be able to access the data.