Thread: Can I place the Lenovo Thinkstation D20 motherboard onto new Cabinet?

Can I place the Lenovo Thinkstation D20 motherboard onto new Cabinet?

Hello friends, I wanted to know if I have move the D20 motherboard from older cabinet (factory fitted cabinet) to new one, is it possible to do it. I am trying to fit it on cooler master cabinets, so what you think about it. Please tell me. Thank you.

Re: Can I place the Lenovo Thinkstation D20 motherboard onto new Cabinet?

If you are trying to do it then let me tell you that you will need to have an EATX motherboard, so that you can be able to use the factory fans without impeding airflow and even able to use factory PSU. Whereas these component are been designed to work together and it is not been intended to be moved or replaced with the aftermarket parts which also included the case. If you try to do it then the BIOS will not play properly with aftermarket fans and the PSU. If you are keeping all the things which are factory components and removing the case then it might work for you. I am not sure with the aftermarket case, such that it will have enough airflow or be compatible with the factory fans or their placement. I would suggest that you better do not do it.

I was thinking to do it as I wanted it to get it fit in some other case and also able to keep maximum place so that afterwards I can add some of the stuff on to it. This is the reason for which I am trying to doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by oJAsVI View Post
    I was thinking to do it as I wanted it to get it fit in some other case and also able to keep maximum place so that afterwards I can add some of the stuff on to it. This is the reason for which I am trying to doing it.
    I can understand that what you are trying to say it; I would say that at least you should give a try to it. I would also say that you better find the EATX case and which is having the factory fans and power supply on to it. If you are getting those then it will be the best for you and also you will be not facing any problem with the system.

Even I am too having the same system and also trying o build a new system with the older configuration. Whereas I love the design of the Lenovo, which are simply great and also there is no other company which can make it same. I am keeping the thinkstation configuration just changing the case of it, so just in search to get the proper case for the system and then will be working on it.