Thread: Getting error with Storage Navigator Modular 2 CLI on Hitachi HDD DMA 001052

Getting error with Storage Navigator Modular 2 CLI on Hitachi HDD DMA 001052

Hello friends, I was doing the Storage Navigator Modular on the DMA 001052, and then it was showing me the following error,
    Code:
    auunitchg -unit AMS2500_12345678 -newunit AMS2500_LOC
    Are you sure you want to update the unit information? (y/n [n]): y
    DMEA001052: The additional information file cannot be opened. Confirm the execution environment.
    It seems that the auunitchg command is been trying to change the file "additional information file”, I do not know what is the problem and also not knowing the exact name of the file. Can anyone help me with it? Thank you

Re: Getting error with Storage Navigator Modular 2 CLI on Hitachi HDD DMA 001052

I would say that you check the following things, and also let me tell you that it does not need an input file.
    • Check that you are having the correct unit name, it is been use as auunitref
    • You should ping the controllers in the environment, if that does not work then you cannot get to the controllers.

Re: Getting error with Storage Navigator Modular 2 CLI on Hitachi HDD DMA 001052

I would suggest that you better check the error messages guide which is there on portal.hds, if you checked that then you will be able to clear with all the doubts and what changes to been done with the error.

If you are searching for error codes then it will be somewhere in the CD documentation. One thing which I believe that you might be in the Device Manager documentation as minimum, the reason for it is that almost everything is been shown by the HDS which has to be related with something HDvM in some way, as it controls everything which HDS do. The file which is been affected is not been seen in the table. I also believe that it might have to do something with properties file which is getting what it wanted. Where the error messages and the explanation will not be useful for you and I am very much sure with the HDS.